Chapter ten

Ysabella POV

Tonight is one of the worst nights I ever had as I have had my fare share of worse nights since my mom has passed. But tonight was just next level.

First I was threatened and accused by my said fiancé. Also he thought that me and his grandpa has a thing going on between us. Disgusting!!

Secondly my dad slapped me infront of everyone including Archer.

Third and the most horrible thing, grandpa announced that the wedding will take place as early as next week.

How did my life turn into all this? I don't have control on it anymore.

I am just being dragged into situations and just going with the flow where it leads me.

Only good thing that happened tonight is that grandma and that jerk, Archer told me to stay in their house for tonight. I really don't know what would have happened with me if I went back with my family to our house.

Now I am standing in the guest-room in front of a mirror. My eyes are swollen from all the crying and I have a hand print on my cheek.I really wish I could end my life.

"Dear are you ok? Do you want something?" Grandma knocked on guest-room’s door and came in.

"I'm fine Grandma.”I replied turning towards her.

" Dear I know you are not fine but do not dwell on negative thoughts anymore.”She said and came near me. We both sat on the bed and she continued,”I promise you, we will get you out of all this. Your father can never hurt you anymore. Your grandpa told me that Archer threatened your father that if he ever hurt you again, he will have to pay for it." She said while smiling at me.

I don’t know what to feel. Should I be happy that Archer stood up for me?? But he was also the one who threatened me before this whole incident.

Seeing me sitting quite, grandma tried to assure me ,”You know Archer is a good guy at heart. It's just that he had never believed in love.I don’t know what made him like that. But I know, one day he will realize how lucky he is to have you as a wife".

"Grandma...!"

"I love that you have started to call me grandma on my request."She had a big smile on her face.

"Grandma I do not wish to marry your grand son. I don't love him nor does he love me. It will be a completely loveless marriage. It will not work!" I said in a pleading voice.

She held my hand."Trust me he will come to love you and so will you. We are not trying to force you guys for nothing. We know there is something, some spark between you too, as I can tell when I see you too. Just give it a try my child!" She said smiling.

"But grandma... !"I started in hope to make her understand that her grandson hates me, that might be the spark she is talking about. But she interrupted me.

"Shhhhh... No more buts! I will always be behind you for the support. I really really like you. Your the best daughter-in-law anybody could ask for and a best daughter too. Your father is a jerk not to realize it"

"Thank you so much grandma. I really don't know what I have done to deserve so much love from you and grandpa. But I wanna say thank you from the bottom of my heart"

"Awe..! You are such a sweet child!! And I forgot to tell you, Archer is staying here too.”

"What?! Why??"I stumbled upon my words.

"Your Grandpa asked him to stay the night. His room is across from yours. Don’t worry, he will not bother you.”I nodded with a little hesitation. I don’t want to have anymore interactions with him, atleast not tonight.