tweenty-six

Archer POV

After I listened to Xavier suffering I told him to try to talked to her again. I know I am inexperienced in this kind of thing but I just want to cheer up my dear friend who looks like the whole world thrown to him.

Good thing it works! Then he bid goodbye and went to his office and resume working.I too started to work.

Currently I have meeting with my employees. They current do their presentation but my mind off nowhere. I sigh and I asked them to stop.

"Let's continue this presentation tomorrow. I am not feeling well today I'm sorry for that!" Then I stand up and leave the room.

I glanced on the wall lock and it show four in the afternoon. Meaning her shift is already over. I took out my phone and dial her number. But before the call get connected. Xavier walk in my door with a folder in his hand.

"I forgot to give this to you.!" Then he put the folder in my table. And I open it.

How did I forgot! Yes I asked Xavier to investigate more about her. I read the entire files and my head almost burst out. No wonder she said when our marriage is over he will accept Mark offer.

Her family is so terrible or even worst. That bastard make her sign that she will wave her right to her mother company even her shares already toke down. What a selfish father.

She went to school with a help of scholarship. That's makes sense when she told me she went to different part time job.

When she got a job. Her step sister Lucy who makes her pay all her debt and even asked her salary. While she left nothing on her bank account. If she ever had money she donate it to the orphanage.

This marriage, she's been force to this. His father hurt her when she declined my grandpa offer.

She's an angel. My very own angel. I am stupid if I let her go. I smiled to myself then a hand smack me from my thought.

"What?" I asked him angrily. I thought he already leave.

"We're so in trouble right?" I nod

"I will win her. And fuck that agreement! I will never allow her to annul our marriage!"

"So finally you realize your feelings for her?" He asked me.

"Yup! I think I am in love with her!"

"In love huh? Remember why you done to her? Hahahaha... Dude your as fuck as me. Haizt.. karma ready works!" He sigh and look gloomy again.

I pick up my phone again and dial her number. It takes five rings before she pick up.

"Hello!" She greeted.

"Are you finished?I will get you!" I told her

"Hmm no need I already out from the hospital!" She told me

"Your at home now?" I asked her but I can sense a loud voices in the background. Which definitely and obviously not in our house.

"Emma put it down. No we're not going to get that!" She said.

"But!" Another voice I heard it must be Emma .

"Where are you now? And whose with you?" I asked her.

"It's Emma ! We're in the mall, were shopping for her baby. Oops that should be a secret!" She said.

I laugh at her silliness.

"So your with Emma?!" I said and I intentionally emphasize Emma name so I can get Xavier attention. Well like a flash of lightning he went to my side. Of course he eardrops us

"Yes !" Then she went out again and we can hear the conversation

"Why didn't you put that cute shoes in the basket? And that too! " She said

"But isn't it too much?" Emma said

"That's ok.. your little one should be a girl.hhahaha!" Wow that's a first time a heard her laugh like that .

She obviously forgot me so I call her

"Hello are you still there?"

"Oops sorry Mr Martin. I am just so engrossed here. Sorry!"

"Where are you exactly? What's the name of the mall?" I look at Xavier whose making thumbs up to me.

"LM corner" she answers.

I smiled then I heard them talked again.

"Emma why are you getting that?" She asked.

"For us duh!"

"Huh? What are we going to do that?" She asked Emma . I can sense that she's confused.

"Duh! I will never get to dress this in a few months so while my stomach is still small let go to the beach!" Emma said excitedly.

"But Emma remember I will be busy in two months I will go to South Africa for volunteer!" She said.

What? She will go to South Africa ? Why I didn't know that?

"I know but Mark said it was move next month. So we still have one week to go.!"

" I have work Emma!"

"Don't worry if you asked Mark he will never say no to you. Hahahah.. you know that guy is so head over heels in love with you.!"

"Shout up!" She said "oh my God I forgot the phone

"Hello Mr Martin are you still there?" She said .

"You were talking to your husband? Hahahahah... Oh my God! Is there something I didn't know!"

"Shut up Emma!"

I laughed at their conversation.

"Yes I'm here! I will be there don't go ok? I will find you!"

"Huh? You will go here? No no Mr Martin you don't have to!" She said

"I will so I will hung up and I can go there!"

Then I hung up.

Xavier and I look at each other and we know what to do.

So we head together to the mall.