thirty-one

Ysabella POV

Archer drive me to work for the first time. He even walked me to my clinic and stole a kiss from me. I am so shocked that it left me stood up for a second. I glance at the people around who witness the scene. I hurriedly went inside my clinic trying to hide my embarrassment.

After I finished studying my today's schedule my phone rang and Mark name appears on the screen. I swipe and answered it.

"Hello!" I said

"Where are you?" He said like he's angry.

"I'm in my clinic!" I said

"Wait for me! I will be there!" He said.

After a couple of minutes, someone knock on my door and answered it"come in" the door open and revealing Mark walk in with a folder.

"Is this why you never agree dating me?" He said then put the folder infront of me. I took it and open it.

My eyes went wide and I look at him. How did he found out about this?

"Why didn't you tell me? You could have said you need help. I will help you. You don't have to marry that guy. He doesn't deserve someone like you!" He said while he stared at me. But I noticed something.

"What happen to your face? You have cuts and bruises? Why happen? Did someone hurt you?" I asked him. The I get up and took my first aid kit in my drawer.

I started cleansing his cuts and puts ointment on his bruise's. While he keep still and did not move a bit.

"What happen?" I asked him

"Nothing I just got into fight!l that's all! Don't worry!" He said like he's trying not to look into me.

"Your lying Mark!"

"It's not the issue here. Just answer me. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Mark it's about my family. I can't burden you my personal problem." I answered him honestly.

"But you can just told me. You know I won't refuse you. I love you so much that I don't care how much your dad want I give it to him. Just tell me and I give it!" I look at him shock.

"Mark please I don't want to burden you. Anyways it's already been done. It's too late!" I said

"But we can annul your marriage. I can pay the Martin's family for the money they contributed to your father company.!" I shake my head and hold his hand

"No please don't do that! I won't take advantage of you. Just let it be. I will solve it on my own.!"

"But staying with that man whore guy? I can't do that! He even cheated on you! How could him?!" He said angrily.

"Mark stop! It's my life! I will decide for it. If ever I can't take it I will asked for your help. But for now I can manage" I told him. I don't want him to meddle in my business especially my marriage.

"Fine! Let me know ok? And please if you have problem tell me ok? We can annul your marriage anytime. That agreement between you and him is enough evidence that the marriage is bullshit!" He said

I don't know when he said agreement and annulment makes my heart in pain. I may not acknowledge this feeling but I know why I am hurt.

"Mark please stop! I said I can manage my life! Please understand!" I said.

"Then after the marriage of yours over will you take me. I promise to love you and will never cheated on you. " He said while looking at me in pleading eyes.

"Mark I can't promise anything to you. Cause I don't feel anything romantic between us. I like you as a friend and I care for you. Honestly I can't bring myself to see you as someone I can spend my whole life. Just please look for someone else. Someone that can reciprocate your feelings. I am not the right one for you!" I told him honestly.

"It's ok to me. You will come to love me in time come!"

I sigh and hold his hand then I look at him seriously.

"Mark I will be forever grateful but please don't force me. I can't" then walk out to my clinic.

After that I went to surgery. Thank goodness I only have one today. Which mean I can go home early. I immediately went home afraid to bump into Mark. I don't want another round of confrontation.

I took taxi since I left my car in Archer house. He took me to work this morning. He said he will come and get to work but I finished early.

I went inside the house then I texted him that I am already in the house no need to go to hospital since I finished early.

But when I pass through his room I saw something blinking. I though something wrong so I went inside. I heard a flow of water in the shower room. So I guess Archer is already at home too.

I tiptoe and trying not to make noise afraid he might heard me in the shower. But I hear someone groan like it was on pain. I halted my movement and I try to listen again. Then I heard it again. I am 100% sure that it came from shower room.

I gather my courage and went to it's door. I knock and called Archer name but no one is responding. I got worried and I push the door slowly to open. My eyes automatically landed on Archer whose in scout position.

I walked to him and I stop the shower. I touch his head but he did not look up.

"Archer are you ok?" I said while I try to lift his face.

"Archer what happen to your face? " Then I notice his face is red then I touch his forehead.

"Archer your burning. Come! Let's get you out here! It's not good for you to stay here!" Thank God he listen but we he try to stand up he fell. Urg! Great how can I lift this big man alone?

"Archer just hold into my shoulder ok?" I said.

Then he hold my shoulder and try to hug me. Oh shit!! I patted he's cheeks

"Archer stop! Let's get you to bed ok?" Then after several minutes of struggling of trying to get him out of the shower room. Finally I succeed.

I make him sit in side of his bed but his clothes are all wet so I took off his shoes, suits but the problem is his pants. This is going to be so embarrassing.

I closed my eyes while I take off his pants. OMG! This is so embarrassing I swear! A doctor can't stare straight in naked body of a man.

I took towel and clothes in his closet so I can clean and change him. Thank God I succeed doing it.

I put him to bed and run to my room to change into comfortable clothes. I also grab medicine for cold and my first aid kit since he has many bruises and cuts especially in his hand. It's bleeding and swelling.