56 • She Knows

Naira was getting ready for office. A few days passed since she had been at work. Also it would divert her mind from the topic she was worried about. So she was all ready to leave.

N "Mumma, I am going." Wearing a simple formal attire, she came down with her laptop bag.

Akshara "Don't get too busy. Come soon." 

N "Okay fine. Bye."

Naksh "Main bhi ready hoon. let's go." She nodded.

___

N "Samir, give me all the details I missed these days. I want to study all the things perfectly." She said already going through a file.

Samir "Sure Ma'am. Here is the email that you missed last week." And he explained her everything clearly.

After sometime Samir went to his cabin and Naira was sipping her coffee while reading something important on the laptop screen.

There was a knock at the door and she didn't look up before allowing the person to come in.

N "Yes, Come in."

It was obviously him. He took a seat in front of her, staring her cute yet serious face and was waiting for her to stare at him back. But she was so engrossed in her so called work.

K "Ahm!" He got no response.

"hmmm." He fake coughed badly this time grabbing her attention successfully.

N "Tum!" She stood up instantly, keeping her hands on the table.

K "Haan. Main aur kaun?" He smiled mischievously.

N "Tum yaha bhi agaye. Why are you following me?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

K "Excuse me Miss Singhania? To be Mrs Goenka!" He murmured the last line.

"We are partners." She gave him a look before he twisted his words.

K "I mean professionally we are partners if you remember. Main yaha apne kaam ke liye aaya hu. koi aur vajah se nahi. So please." He gave her a fake smile.

N "Tum yaha bas isliye aaye ho?" She got hurt thinking he was there for only work.

K "Koi aur wajah?" He understood her turmoil and smirked.

N "Main." She answered absent minded.

K "Huh?"

N "I mean. Tum yaha..kuch chahiye tha?"

K "Chahiye to bohot kuch. filhal wo blue file dena." He said smiling at her.

N "Ok."

K "Actually I have to go back home soon. Meri ek friend aarahi hai."

N "Kausi friend ki baat kar raha hai yeh. Tujhe kyu itna janna hai." She said to herself.

K "Kuch kaha tumne?"

N "Kuch bhi toh nahi."

K "Fine."

They worked for sometime stealing glances. Naira was trying avoid his intense gaze on her but failed everytime.

Samir "Kartik sir. Someone is waiting for you outside." He informed.

K "Call her. She is my friend."

N "She? Yaha kyu bula raha hai. Main sab samajh rahi hoon."