XII

"Remind me once again why we are here? " austin whispered as we soon as we entered inside the silvermoon territory. we dodged few of the wolves who were on patrol . thankfully Austin is a vampire with great strength one of them is running .

" I have something to take care of . and you are following me. " i said as we entered into the woods... since the last time their security is tightened and it was hard to enter.

"ohh.. yeah i just invited death for myself without any agenda " he replied sarcastically

"their are traps setup everywhere , a small mistake and alarm will set off everywhere not forgetting mine traps . so don't do anything reckless. just follow my steps. " i whispered.

"how do you know all this? " he asked once again.

" i have lived a long life my son " i smirked as i replied.

"yes, grandma " he said as he walked by me noddingly.

"heyy come back you wil- " before i could say anything i heard clicked type of voice.
fuck.

"don't take another step. don't . you have stepped on a mine and don't utter a single word no matter what i do now. " i said as i grabbed his shoulder stopping him from moving.

i bent down as i removed the soil around. i looked at the wire which was following to somewhere deep.

"daeliah, do you know what type it is? " i asked my wolf who was silently taking all the scenario.

"don't do anything stupid. if you will try diffusing the mine an alarm will be set off and in 30 seconds the mine will blast off. leaving us in pieces. and if you will try diffusing the alarm. the mine will blast off within a second killing us. in both cases we will die. "

"wow that was motivational D. " i didn't realized i spoke it loud .

"am i dying today ?. i am still virgin. i haven't even kissed anyone yet. " he said a little embarrassed.

"shut up. you are not dying and lemme think " i said glaring at him .

"i can hear guards coming " he spoke again.

think. think. think. great.

"listen austin. when i will ask you to remove your foot from the mine do it. i will try freezing it. it won't last for much longer but will give enough time for us to run away as far as i can " i said hoping this should work.

i closed my eyes taking a deep breath and focusing on freezing it. he did as i told him. and as soon as we started running . it blowed off making us stumble and fall in front.

"that worked. " he said annoyingly.

"atleast you are alive. " i replied back standing up and before we could even realize we were surrounded by almost 10 wolves. they were armed.

" not for long. " he replied nervously.

" i seriously can't make out why your father even thought of making you the future head of vampires. all you do is complain. ! don't worry they are only 10 " i said looking at him.

not a second after a large growl errupted from behind us. and before we knew there were almost the double number of wolves circling us now.

" correction. 20 " Austin spoke up again.

" long time no see Mr. Night . i waited for you. " his voice echoed through my ears. it was filled with venom but it was calming for me. i stood still as my legs were about to give anytime.

i took another deep breath and finally mustered up enough to turn around to face him.

i looked up at his eyes. it shocked me as i took him. his eyes which once used to be shining bright grey were now dull and empty . his hair were all messed up . it looked like he was exhausted and tired as once can see those swallowing and redness in his eyes. he surely did loosed some weight. the guy whose eyes used to shine everytime he smiled were not there. all i can see was a person who was filled with anger, sadness and revenge.

that moment i realized what i had done to him. i am nothing but a poison to him.

"sir, you must have gotten something wrong. it not he-" before Austin could say up anything i cut him in between.

" i saved you " i replied.

"you bloody killed her. she was innocent. my mate was innocent. it was between you and me. you are coward that you went for her. " he spoke and for the first time i saw those emotions coming out which were bundled up inside him from so long but not long enough as it was masked with anger.

" the only reason for which i am still alive is to give you an end which would be worse than death. " he continued.

"well than you have to live another few hundred years " i replied and as soon as the word left my mouth a loud growl errupted from him and before he could attack i created a invisible wall between his wolf and us. but as expected it didn't stopped him.

instead he ran forward to attack me. i dodged me as austin run towards him. he is going to get himself killed. i looked up at austin.

" run. right now leave from here. " i commanded him.

"what the fuck are you saying? " he shouted back at me. it was the first time he ever shouted at me with that tone .

"i will follow you . i promise now run " i said as i blocked alex's fist which was coming in my direction .

"i am not going anywhere without you . do you understand me? " Austin shouted as he tried kicking alex's side but before he could. alex grabbed his legs twisting it and punched him as he fell down.

this is not going to stop soon other wolves will come with the royal guards too and then it will be almost impossible for me to contain . i thought to myself as i looked at alex's wolves who were still trying to fight to the barrier i created.

"i am sorry " i whispered to Austin and before he could speak something. i placed a hand on his shoulder and before alex could attack me i created a barrier on us with all my power which will atleast stay for a few minutes before he can break it down.

the only reason my power doesn't work on him is because of my wolf side which accept him as my mate but once i dominate my wolf and use all of energy and power . than i can stand against him but not for much longer, only for few mins and it's enough .

"run. don't turn back, don't stop just keep on running till you are out of here. " and as soon i said it . Austin did as i said. alex tried to stop him but before he could catch upto him. i stood in front of him.

he grabbed my neck as he slammed me at the nearest tree .

i created a fire around where i trapped his warriors. as i looked back at him.

" choose me or them? " i barely managed to speak as his grip tightened around my neck and claws digging .

" why don't i finish you first. your magic will die with you then. " he said

"i am not a witch whose magic will die with them " i spoke as the i increased the fire around them.

his hand left my neck causing me to fall.

"your counting starts now ..... i will hunt you down and will make sure that day will be the last for you " his voice was deep and deadly.

i turned to look at him for once but he turned his back at me.

i didn't took a second running away in opposite directions as i waved my hand , pouring the water upon those soldiers as i put the fire out . a growl errupted behind him which made my lips twitched upwards .

---------------------

* Author's Note :  please vote and comment if you like this chapter.  it will just take a second. :) . your support means a lot *