XXII

Alex P.O.V

i was in the middle of shower when i felt a little discomfort in my chest. it was her. though we haven't marked each other but i can still feel when something is wrong with my mate. more like when she lets her wall down.

i quickly wrapped a towel around my wet body and made my way towards the room only to find davina clasping her head tightly in her hands.

i quickly wrapped my arms around her as i pulled her on my laps as i soothen her hair . slowly she loosened herself in my arms and then i realized how warm her body is.

trust me when i say my mate worries me to death. wolf can't get fever or they can't get sick. it is weird the temp of her body .

" I'm okay" she said as tried to get away from me.

"what's wrong with your temp.? you are burning hot? wolves normally don't get fever. ! "

" you are forgetting i am not a normal wolf " she spoke

"you are going to be death of me little wolf . you worry me beyond explanation. "

she smiled slightly at my statement.

"it's okay . i will be okay soon. you leave as you have duties to attend "

"I am not leaving you. not for a minute. my duty is towards the woman i love too "

a blush creeped up on her cheeks at my statement . i grabbed her little frame in my arms once again as i laid towards on the bed.

"alex. you are only in - in towel " she spoke up little embarrassed.

a chuckle escaped my lips from her statement.

"cmon little wolf. don't act like you haven't seen me without towel also. we both are clear with reality " i said teasingly.

she raised her eyebrow. trying to play dumb. i see.

she was saved by the vibration of my phone as she was about to say something. it was Charlie.

"hello? "

"alpha you were meant to be on the training ground . where are you? "

" sorry , i have a feverish and clingy assassin on my lap. i will call you back later when i am done making her remember some sweet memories of past. as for the training , make sure it goes smoothly. "

i disconnected the phone. as i looked back at davina again.

"so where were we? "

"wine "

"Do we need wine? "

"No, I need wine, you need to put your pants on! "

"but life is so freeing without them "

"Pants. On. Now. " she said shoving me away from her

"aren't you too powerful for someone who is not well? "i said

she raised an eyebrow at me and tucked herself under her blanket.

-------

Davina's pov :

i can't forget that voice inside my head . the chill it gives me. the unsettling vibe it has. it creeps me inside out. it's full of dominance and power that it got by killing numerous people.

alex was out to settle some rogues matter on the border . it seems like a war is going to errupt soon between the rogues and us but the question is who is dumb enough to start a war against the alpha king .

"you were. " daeliah spoke.

" i was sent to assassinate him not to start a war with his pack and i am powerful enough to end the war too as for the person who is leading the war- "

"Can we track the person who sent us here at the first place. maybe that's him ?"

"you are genius but my phone... i don't have that phone anymore!? i lost it "

"have you lost your brain too?.. why do you need a lost phone to access your mail? give me one reason i shouldn't disown you, you human "

" you are an absolute genius, because i love you, you wolff "

i laughed as my wolf cringed back at my statement. i haven't used that mail id for months. goddess knows what it contains by now.

i walked out of the room and ran towards austin's room. where is this guy even busy ? . i haven't seen him for the whole day.

"you are smelling of him! " austin said looking at me from his laptop.

" don't use your brain too much. "

he raised an eyebrow tilting his head on my statement.

"i need your laptop... as for alex-" i replied again but was cut off

"Alex?? .... if you're going to break my heart , can we do it outside ?" Austin spoke as he kept his laptop to the other side of the bed.

"but it's raining outside " i said walking over to grab that little piece of technology.

"that way i can go all in on my melodramatic movie moment "

i grabbed the nearby pillow and hit him on his head so that he can stop this stupid fantasy imagination of his.

"what do you need this for? " he said as he handed me his laptop.

"i will tell you when i will get what i want " i said shrugging towards him.

i sat on the nearby couch as i logged in my id and password.

so i had 5629 mails unopened. well that didn't came to me as a shock.

i found the mail i was looking for from the id - "hunter666 " . there were new messages from him.

it took 15 minutes for me track his mail id to his number and from his number to his name and to location .
"Matthew Collins ? "

"Austin , do you know any Matthew collins? " i said looking up to him peeling an apple. this guy is really weird. why is he peeling an apple when he is allergic to them.

"Matthew Collins? son of Luther collins!!! i am sure your mate knows him too. their family history of war goes back to hundred years " he said as he handed me the plates full of freshly sliced apples.

" have this. i heard you're not feeling well. " he said again.

"wooahh.... aren't you being too sweet? .. and what do you mean by family history? "

" well . my dear , your mate's family is no prone to war and vengeful people waiting to have revenge on them. and so one of those are collins. it's said in stories that Alexander's great-great grandfather had two children . the elder one was a girl trained to have throne until another child, a boy was born and as you know the throne was always used passed to the boy child at those old times. which led to the internal family conflicts to war. "

"that's sounds... nice. so how should i tell alex that it's matthew , his far related cousin who is leading the rogues for a war? " i asked confused

"i know that already. " a voice spoke from behind me. it sent shivers down my spine as i realized who it was.

---------------------

* Author's Note :  please vote and comment if you like this chapter.  it will just take a second. :) . your support means a lot *