XXIV

" they killed my entire family davina. those vampires. they were my family. my mother, my father,my sister . all these years i was running away and hiding . searching those who killed my family. " austin fell on his knees as tears brimmed in his eyes.

it was the first time i have seen him like this. i didn't knew what to do to ease his pain. i wrapped my arm around his neck as he broke into tears and soon more tears. this was painful to see your only friend like this and you can't do anything to help him.

"Austin, i promise you. i will kill the person who killed your family "

"No, that person is mine. i will end his life by myself davina " he said standing up.

" have you told alexander about - " he asked changing the topic but was cut by a voice coming from the gate.

"about what? what else are you hiding from me davina? " alex spoke up from the gate.

" later . we will talk about it later after we are done with this " i said looking up to alex.

"what is it about? " he asked again

" nothing important " i replied. and he left without uttering a single word .

--------

"are you not even gonna look at me ?" i shouted at alex. he was behaving like a child. he was angry at me for what i was not telling him about.

"Alexander i am talking to you. " i shouted at him again.

" why? goddammit why? why is it that that vampire knows everything about you but i don't know anything . you don't want to be close to me but you were hugging him in your arms davina? you bloody hell smell of him all over " he shouted back as he punched the nearby wall in anger.

his words sounded so hurtful . i was speechless for the first time.
" are you doubting me alex ? " i asked calmly.

" Do you like him? that's why you don't want me to mark you? is that what you are going to tell me about later!? " he replied more like sarcastically taunting me. this man is beyond my expectations. how can he even link us two.

i didn't uttered a word and walked out of the door because all this nonsense he was speaking was beyond me. if i will stay a second more there i will loose a mate .

all i heard was growling after me.
"DON'T YOU DARE RUN AWAY DAVINA ! " he shouted back at me.

"he is just jealous. you would be too if he rejects you to mark him. and above all he is an alpha king . it's difficult for an aplha blood to control them once they found a mate. don't mind him. he is just angry about a lot of things. give him some space " my wolf decided to lecture me.

how can this guy even say that to me even if he is jealous of austin . how dare he doubt me! .

it's time to pick up Ethan from the school. so i decided to go myself . i got into the car and drive it away from the house towards the pack town . there were only few people in sight mostly male warriors . Charlie must have taken the family to bunkers .

"Davina" a little voice shouted from behind me. I turned around to see a little ethan with another little girl beside him. she had the same pair of grey eyes as alex with brown hair . she is pretty. i smiled looking at their connected hands. the little boy is all grown up now .

" and who this might be? " i asked ethan pointing towards the girl.

" i told you about the sticky girl in school . she is that " he said smirking up. obviously he is teasing her. the girl punched him on his sides lightly after listening to his statement.

"hello, i am alice and you must be davina ? ... uhm... you are really as beautiful as i was told " she said sweetly. i was little confused at her statement.

" it's nice to meet you alice. yes i am this dumbstruck's sister. you are pretty too "

" she is lying . she is good at this . if you don't trust me look at the mirror " ethan said looking at alice. alice slapped his head a little harder this time which led him shout at her. this guy will sure get beaten up by girls someday .

" davina help me. she is assaulting me "

i laughed at his statement . as i would love to spend more time with her but i can't help it we need to leave i need to put ethan at some safe place.

"where are your parents alice? aren't they coming to pick you up? " i asked her.

" they must be here anytime soon. ohh there they are " she said pointing towards the lady at the back. the lady was definition of elegance. well dressed and more over she looks awfully similar to alex. what am i missing?

before i could say anything that lady engulfed me in a tight bone crushing hug . it was warm but i seriously can't breathe not forgetting i don't know her.

"davina, my dear it so nice to finally meet you my dumbass son is so stupid i kept telling him to bring you home again and again and all he said was you need time. " she kept on speaking but didn't left me until alice pulled her back.

"mom, you are making her awkward . " alice shouted at the lady.

i was still confused until ethan mouthed -" she is alex's mom " . i stood jaw dropped trying to process the information i was given. that stupid asshole never told me about his family . he is so dead.

"let's just be widow " daeliah spoke.
she was also pissed.

though it's my fault also that i never asked him about his family. i mean i knew his parents are well and alive but how come we never talked about them.

"i am sorry my dear. i was just too excited to finally meet you that i forgot to introduce myself. i am cassie, alex's mom.. let's go our home .i would love to know more about my beautiful daughter " she said looking at me.

well that's sweet of her but uh-uh i don't want another pair of parents .one are more than enough and doesn't she know we are running out of time and for sure a full big group of deadly rogues wolves with their crazy head is gonna attack on us in just few hours.

" it's okay . normally i would have loved to accept your invitation but the pack is in chaos and i believe you all should also find a safe place before we get attacked. "

"ohh honey, there is nothing more safer than our palace. it's protected by a powerful witch spell . no one can harm us there . even the bunkers for the safety of pack members is protected by it. you don't need to worry about it . alex told me that you will be coming there today " ... she said taking my hands in hers

" Cassie, can you take ethan with you ?"

"i am not going anywhere without you D "

"Ethan listen to me. you need to go with them. i will be back. safe and sound. i need to protect our people, our pack, our home "

" it's my pack too. i will protect it with you and everyone "

" Ethan. you need to protect alice, Cassie and other pack members for me. " i said .

" Ethan go now " i used my wolf command no normal alpha can disobey it. as for alex it's yet to be experimented.

Ethan didn't uttered another word and silently went to Cassie's car with alice following him . he is angry.

i looked at him until he get in.

" you will be defying alex with this , davina " cassie spoke up. i smiled sweetly at her.

" i will be okay cassi-"

"call me mom "

i hesitated at what she said . it's too sudden . i can't let others force relationship on me but i can't hurt her too. i looked back at her as i pulled her in for a hug.

" please take care of ethan. tell him i will be back " i whispered before running away towards the woods .

---------------------

* Author's Note :  please vote and comment if you like this chapter.  it will just take a second. :) . your support means a lot *