XXIII

Davina's pov

"didn't you get my message ?"

"how can i miss a sticky note stick on my head.? "

"then why are you angry? "

"because you didn't take me with you! "

"you were sleeping and you weren't well. i didn't wanted to disturb you! "
he replied giving me pout . someone needs to tell him. he is too cute and perfect to exist but that's not the point.

"you didn't told me that you already knew who was behind the attack! " he asked again.

"i just guessed that it might be the same person who wanted you dead "
i replied. we were now in our room .

i noticed the portrait hanging on the back wall . it was my wolf and his wolf painted together . saying that i was surprised was an understatement. the mix of emotions came running towards me.

"you like it? " he asked as he saw me shocked and jaw dropped

"Howw-i mean how do you know what my wolf looks like? " i asked as i didn't remember showing him my white wolf.

"ethan described it! " he replied .

" i love it. it's beautiful alex" i said as wrapped my arms around his torso pulling him closer towards me. his strong muscular arms snaked around me pulling me tighter on his chest.

his heart beat was evident at how shockes he was. it surprises me and makes me happy how ny little action makes him nervous.

" you are right. it's Matthew. he is behind the rougue attacks and from what we know they are planning an attack on us tomorrow night. "

i pulled him away to process the information he just gave in. i expected a war but not this soon.

" listen to me davina . don't argue with me on this one. i want you to be somewhere safe so before the dawn tommorow , Charlie will take you to the underground tunnels. take ethan with you--"

"what rubbish are you speaking alex. you want me to run away leaving you fight alone . are you kidding me? ...i am not a weak wolf alex . " i shouted back at him with all i could. i didn't expected him to say that. my wolf was angry beyond imagination.

" i need you to protect our pack. you are their luna davina . all female non fighters , children will be there . in case something goes wrong i need you there with them so that i can be assure of their safety " he said emphasising each and every word . it doesn't make any sense to me. i am the best he can have with him to fight those rogues . why is he pushing me away .

before i could say anything charlie came barging in. the expression on his face was clear how wrong things have gone .

"alpha, it's urgent ." he said as fast as he could. it was clear that he came running here and how out of breath he was.

before i could knew i saw alex walking away with charlie and me following them to his office.

in front of me was two badly injured wolves. they were covered with blood. their injuries were healing . beside them were timmothy, charlie and the two head of royal guards. wait i know one of the guards . he is way too similar .

"alpha the rogues, they are not normal ones. they have white iris . they smell awfully rotted. "

" they are controlled more like living dead. those are the same wolves who attacked blue stone pack years ago. " i spoke up . i soon realized all eyes on me

" luna are you saying it was Matthew who attacked the blue stone pack? but according to what we know it was vampires " charlie spoke up as alex looked like he already know the answers.

"who told you it was vampires? vampires were no where there . i clearly saw those rogues with white eyes burning up the pack "

" that doesn't make any sense luna . when we got there years ago. there were no rogue wolves instead we found bodies of vampires laying there . " a blonde head spoke up. he is one of the two royal guard whereas the other one was awfully quiet and his heart was beating fast. he was reeking of fear but the fact that i have seen him was more impressive.

" what's your name? " i asked pointing to the other royal guard .

he didn't uttered a single word . alex growled at the disrespect he was showing me. but only i knew it wasn't the disrespect but the fear in him.

"B-Br-Brad " his stuttering voice sounded more like a whisper .

"ughh....this is getting boring brad. let's skip to the main part where you help all of them. they are confused so explain it to them what were the vampires doing there that night when it was clearly rogues who burned the entire pack! " i said as i clawed my nails on his shoulder . he screamed as the blood gushed out of his shoulder .

there it was .
the shocked alex. the anger from the betrayal was clear in his eyes. it didn't took him seconds to pin him on the wall as his hands gripped his neck so tightly that i won't be shocked if his neck twitch down.

i looked around to grab the nearest couch for the drama to be unfold. i know it sounds so cruel as there was a spy all those years in the pack but i can't help it. i just love bloodshed and more if it's people like brad i like seeing them tormented to death . wilderness is in blood of wolves.

" need popcorn. " my wolf said sarcastically.

" if its true and if it wasn't vampires than why did those rogues attacked on blue stone pack? " ...charlie spoke up. confusion was clear in his eyes .

"the rogues that night was little different. they were weak but not anymore the ones who attacked us day before yesterday in forest weren't the same . they don't feel pain and are much more stronger than ordinary rogue wolves. so if i am not wrong they were experimenting on rogues to make them killing tool for them . it was an absolute fail that time as half of their rogues ran away so they covered it by killing vampires and making it look like the massacre was done by vampires but since now that they have achieved what they wanted they are ready to attack . " i said .

every wolf in the room were boiling with anger and on the door i saw a furious austin. his eyes were red with anger but why?

" are you telling us that they slaughtered and burned the entire pack just for a experimenting? " charlie said.

alex loosened his grip but before brad hit the ground austin killed him by ripping his heart out.

i wasn't finished with my business with him. i wanted some answers thanks to Austin i can't get anymore.

i stepped forward before all the angry wolves can jump on Austin . Alex eyed showed a hint of hurt by my action .

---------------------

* Author's Note :  please vote and comment if you like this chapter.  it will just take a second. :) . your support means a lot *