Prologue: The Deer

"Yo, Jungkook! Catch up, you're so slow!"

A brunette boy clutched his pounding chest with a slightly trembling hand, panting heavily and lowering his head which caused the damp hair beneath his helmet to spread all over his forehead and eyes. "That's not fair, I had to go all the way back because I lost my damn keys!," he called out in between harsh pants.

"Blah blah. Hurry up and come on!," the other boy yelled while furiously kicking the pedals of his yellow, mud-covered bicycle. He was barely visible at this point anymore, resembling a blurry yellow-brown dot far in the distance.

"Fuck you, Yugyeom!," the brunette groaned, swinging himself on his red, also mud-covered bicycle and kicking his pedals too, his speed gradually increasing the more he kicked. He hissed as he felt how wet the saddle under his behind was and mentally cursed himself for wearing his nicest jeans today.

"I'm gonna get you, bitch," he mumbled under his breath, moving his bike at an even faster pace and scrunching his nose in distaste when he tasted raindrops on the tip of his tongue as he tried to draw a deep breath.

He did not sign up for this.
Every week, the three quite sporty high schoolers Min Yoongi, Kim Yugyeom and Jeon Jungkook fulfilled their weekly tradition of taking their (well, technically, their dads') motorcycles for a ride and racing each other with all their might. Just for fun, to enjoy their lives, the fresh air and the feeling of pure control of themselves, forgetting their everyday lousy responsibilities such as school.

Yes, motorcycling tours.
So why exactly were they riding bicycles?

Because for this week, Yugyeom had had the great idea of trying something completely different and unique and thus, he came to the lame idea of taking bicycles instead of their motorcycles. Well, actually, his bike's motor was just damaged and brought to the repairing centre and he didn't want to miss out on this week's round. He had also chosen a new route: the damn forest.

Yoongi was beyond impressed of that brilliant suggestion of his and since Jungkook didn't want to spoil their fun despite not being happy about the idea, he gave in and now, here they were.

And of course, his keys had magically decided to slip out of his back pocket mid-way and of course, the brunette only realized that after a few minutes and had to run all the way back, clutching his bike's handles and heaving it along to search for those damn keys. His parents weren't home tonight, so if he didn't plan on spending the night on the streets like a beggar, his whole life practically depended on the keys.

Note to himself, he would never put his keys into his back pocket again. He could already see himself sit in class the next day of school, clenching his jaw each time he'd move his limbs and feel a painful strain in his biceps, triceps and just all over.

The lighting inside the forest was not optimal at all since dark and thick rainclouds were currently covering up the deep blue sky and raindrops were drizzling down upon him constantly. When riding motorcycles, bad weather didn't usually bother him much but with a normal bicycle, he found it to be quite the hassle. The ground was muddy, his shoes and the bike's wheels practically drenched in dirt which turned out to be quite the handicap for bike riking. Nevertheless, he was set on his goal to beat Yugyeom and Yoongi and therefore kept kicking his pedals with all the strength his legs could muster, which was a lot.

He heard muffled sounds that sounded a lot like Yugyeom's screams but the helmet on his head as well as the wind howling inside his earshells prevented him from deciphering any specific words. "Yugyeom?! Yoongi?!," he shouted as he felt the now much bigger raindrops clatter on top of his helmet harshly, wetting his entire body and painting his sight swampy. The two dots far in front of him that resembled his two best friends became smaller and smaller, eventually completely disappearing. It was quite evident that the two were not able to hear him anymore, either.