Chapter 5 || Vents

__Mabel's POV__

I have decided to spend time at least with each one of my new friends. Today I decided to hang out with Mangle, since she was such a sweet girl.

I entered the house and saw Mangle who greeted me at the door.

"Mabel!" She exclaims.

"Hi, Mangle! Did you plan out what we were going to do today?"

She nods excitedly.

"We're going to explore vent shafts!"

"Ooo!" I exclaim.

She takes my hand and we walk to a random vent. She opens it and goes in first. I then come in second.

It was dark, gloomy, the noise of metal clanging as we moved.

"You see Mabel, if you have the right mind, you can do anything with the vents, you can find new hidden secrets within them, I have a good memory, that's why I never get lost." She explains.

"Now follow me, I want to show you something," Mangle says. I follow her and we go deeper, sliding down, and crawling. It got darker and darker.

I then slid down and fell on my butt. I look around and see and old pizzeria. Mangle walks to me and helps me get up.

"What is this place?" I ask.

"This is the pizzeria I used to work at." Mangle explains. I hold her hand and we start walking in this spooky place. It smelled of old pizza, blood, and flesh.

"Why does it smell like someone died?"

"..."Mangle pauses.

We in front of a room, the back room.

"I want to explain why, it's very self-explanatory, but it might be traumatizing. How old are you?"

"13, turning 14 next month."

"Ah..So you're a teen."

"I guess you can say that."

Mangle takes a breath.

"Long ago, many pizzerias of Freddy's Fazbear were open, we worked in all of them, but then...something happened that made them close forever."

"What happened?"

"A man came in and killed a bunch of children, this is where they were left to rot." Mangle points at the room.

I open the door after that and look in shock at well preserved dead bodies. The eyes were lifeless, bloodstains on the children's clothes. Blood was dried and sticky on the floor.

I closed the door immediately.

"..."

"I'm sorry you had to see that, but there must be an end to fantasies, you know."

Mangle opens a vent and we enter. We leave the pizzeria and went deeper.

It took five minutes until we arrived there. We entered a room, and saw a green atmosphere and were in a security room. There was a box of animal masks. The place was broken down and some walls had fire marks on it.

Mangle looked worried.

"Were there murders here as well?"I ask.

"No..This is just an attraction, it was a horror version of our restaurants, but it burned down. We were able to preserve it and kept it here underground, so we can see our past and see how things have changed.

Even though the memories were terrible and we have suffered so much, it's good to see when the memories were just...fine.

I didn't work here. Baby's dad did..."