Chapter 8 || Doubts

__Dipper's POV__

After last night, I'm starting to get suspicious of the family. First of all, their eye and hair colors. their names are strange as well, I mean, Ennard is literally Innard with and 'E'. When I tell Mabel that, she doesn't seem to care.

I talked about it to Ford, he seems to listen in this case.

"They could be just like me, I have 6 fingers. Could be natural" He says.

"Okay...But the songs they sang last night was very...dark. Baby's song was about using Michael as a pawn for something. Ballora's song was about getting locked in the underground. Isn't that just...strange?"

Grunkle Ford puts his hands on his chin. "True." 

"I also have this feeling Mabel is hiding something from me. When I tell her about my theories, it seems like she doesn't seem to care!"

Grunkle Ford closes his eyes, opens them. "I understand. Mabel! Please get down here!" Mabel happily gets down.

"Mabel, Dipper has this feeling you're hiding something from him about your friends."

"I'm not!"

"That's what someone who's hiding a secret would say!" I shout at her.

"That's what a person who isn't hiding a secret would do!"Mabel strikes back.

"Now now, Dipper, Mabel...' He says, looking at the both of us. "Mabel, please, is it a bad secret?"

"No, not really?"

"Ah-ha! So it is a secret!"

"OH FUCK OFF!" Mabel shouts at me. "I PROMISED NOT TO TELL YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS THINKING THE WRONG THING! I KNOW IT'S FOR OUR SAFETY, BUT YOU ARE SUCH A...A...AN ASSHOLE!"

She looked at me, not even looking at Ford. Her eyes were looking at me menacingly. I was shocked my sister acted like this.

"SO WHAT IF THEIR HAIR AND EYE COLOR IS NATURAL? THERE! I SAID IT! BUT THERE'S MORE! BUT I'M NOT TELLING YOU BECAUSE AT LEAST I CAN BE TRUSTED!"

Ford and I still looked at her in shock.

Mabel gets mad, grabs the table, and throws it down, luckily, nothing was on it. She storms off and gives me the middle finger.

I don't know where she went. Probably to see one of her friends.

After calming down, I and Ford looked at each other in the eyes.

"I'm afraid to admit it, but...It's kind of true."

Grunkle Stan barges in.

"Are we admitting how Dipper is an asshole when he meets new people?"

"Grunkle Stan, that's not helping."

Ford suggested that we go visit one of Mabel friends so we can ask them about my doubts about them.

He grabs his coat and we go outside.

We walk at a very large house and knock on the door. It was opened by Charlie...if I remember correctly. she carried her...son? I don't know who he is to her.

"Hello, miss. I am Ford Pines and-"

"Are you searching for Mabel? She's with Elisabeth. She seemed very frustrated.

"Actually, we're not here for her."

"Huh?"Charlie asks.

"My grand-nephew, dipper has a few questions to ask you. A few doubts about you and this family."