THREE

"What if I find out I have some random disease?" I asked as we walked across the street to his car.

"Then I have your back okay? Just like always."

The free clinic took us in with open arms not caring that we were minors and didn't have an adult with us. The nurse handed me a little plastic cup and pointed me in the direction of the bathroom. I looked at Danny and he smiled at me kissing my forehead, Just the vote of confidence from him was making me feel better. I peed in a little plastic cup and left it in the bathroom. Then I was pulled back and the doctor asked if I wanted Danny to leave my room for the pap smear and then come back in. 

I gave him the option to leave, not wanting him to be uncomfortable. But he grabbed my hand and planted his feet  and they did the pap smear on me. Not fun my friend let me tell you. Danny and I sat in the room for about fifteen minutes. There was only so many jokes we could do about all the diagrams of vaginas on the walls. After another twenty more minutes passed and finally the doctor came in.

"The good news is you test results for all STDs are looking good."
Danny squeezed my hand, Giving me an encouraging smile, as he rubbed my arm.

"What's the bad news?" I wanted to know, "Whenever someone says the good news is, bad news follows."

"It's not necessarily bad news, but you did test positive on the pregnancy test."

"Not bad news?" I yelled, and they both jumped, "How could I be pregnant? What am I going to do?"

"We do offer adoption agencies, and we have a flat fee of three hundred dollars for an abortion fee. "

I put my hands over my face and leaned into Danny.

"Thank you." Danny shook her hand and hugged me.

"Sophie, there is no right or wrong answer here okay.This is you body. I'm going to give you a few minuets to collect yourselves and then we can come back and touch up on those options okay?'

Danny held onto me and I cried. I was pregnant. That A-hole Didn't use a condom while he raped me? Who does that? Now I had to bring a little baby into the world. How could I love someone that was the result of rape?

 How could I kill an innocent baby, who could I carry a baby for nine months just to hand it away? And what about Joseph? Would he want to see the baby? Could he get rights to see them? How could I ruin someones life with jail time., He couldn't get rights to see the baby could he? I'd shoot him.

"Sophie?"

"Huh?" I looked up at Danny.

"Are you ready?"

"Oh, um, yeah." I wiped my face, and Danny called in the doctor and told her we were decided to get a seconds opinion first. She completely understood and wished us the best.