TWENTY-THREE

The three of us stepped out of the office the next day and I kissed my check and then held it up like baby Simba.

"Who's coming to target with me?"

"Me!" Kara waved her check.

"Me too." 

The three of us drove over to Target and looked at the baby stuff. We got the things that didn't need to be color coded, like bath stuff, and feeding stuff. We even got a few outfits that could be for either gender. We looked over at Danny seeing he didn't have a cart.

"Aren't you going to shop for the babies?" Kara was confused.

"I'm saving this check because it's enough to get two car seat and stroller combos."

"Why two?" Kara shook her head, "Oh, you mean for my baby too."

"Yes Kara. Your baby too,"

"That's so nice of you." Kara gave him a hug.

"It's a baby gift. I mean obviously if I find something else I'll get it for the baby but that's my big gift."

"Isn't he just a gem?" Kara asked me pointing at him.

I looked at him and he itched his cheek and looked away at baby stuff. Things between us were still weird. I was embarrassed after what happened with Joseph and I hadn't had the time to talk to him about it. Maybe I could talk to him tonight over pizza. Who doesn't like pizza? I like Pizza. We shopped a little bit longer and then parted ways. Danny and I stood in the living room after bringing the bags inside. 

"So." I looked around.

"So." He nodded.

"Uh, want to get some pizza?"

"Sophie-"

"Please just let me talk to you."

"I gave you the chance to talk to me a few days ago. I still need some time."

"How much time do you need?"

"I don't know Sophie. You chose to be in an actual relationship with the person who raped you and don't want anything to do with me."

"That's not true!"

"Then how do you see it? Because I'm pretty sure anyone else in my position would view it the same way."

"You said you wouldn't leave me. Do you remember that?"

"Needing time and leaving you is two different things. And you made it very clear there was nothing for me to leave between us."

"Please just stay for a second okay?"

"Sophie-"

"Joseph threatened me."

"What?"

"I know how hard it was on you to think that I was with him, but for me to act like it was hard on me too."

"You're right."

"I know it might take you time, but I'm trying to make this right between us. He said that if I didn't be with him he was going to hurt everyone I care about. He threatened you, he said he'd rape Kara and he found out were I live."

He looked at me, so I knew I had his attention now.

"I was just trying to keep everyone safe. If I started a relationship with you it would have just made you a bigger target okay? Trust me, if he wasn't a factor I would definitely want-"

Danny closed the space between us and took my face in his hands to kiss me, "I want you too."

I smiled and pulled him in for another kiss.