TWENTY-ONE

We parked close to the three police cars. Students glanced at them but continued on their way. It was when we walked over to the cars to meet the cops, that they began to stare for a few seconds longer.

"We have cops stationed at all of the exits." One of the officers informed Nicholas, "We're ready when you are."

"I'll wait out here." Ben told us.

"What? Why?" Kara began to panic and my pulse picked up.

"Honey, I can't be in the same area as James."

"But I need you." Kara was confused as to why her Dad would even say that.

"Okay."

"Can you handle yourself sir?" The officer asked, holding up a hand.

"Yes." Ben nodded.

Kara, Danny and I grabbed hands and walked towards the entrance of the school. Ben, Nicholas, and a few officers created a wall around us. Now everyone was staring with no shame. Waiting for the first gossip to drop. This was a bad idea.

Kara felt my pause and took a large step forward tightening her grip on my hand pulling me with her. Right, we have to. Joseph, Obviously, was the first one we found. He was standing in front of his locker laughing with his friends. Carefree.

Then he looked over and saw us. And He knew that we were there for him. He pushed past his friend and darted down the hall.

"That's him."

Two of the cops ran down the hall after him. When they grabbed him, they didn't waste any time with putting him in hand cuffs. As they came closer, a cop on each side of him, I held my breath. Then he was right in front of me.

"You stupid bitch!" He yelled at me viciously enough for me to feel a bit of spittle in my cheek, "You're such a slut, everyone knows that."

Danny came out of nowhere. Before anyone could stop him, He punched him. A cop grabbed Danny and another walked over holding cuffs.

"Wait, wait," Nicholas jumped in front of Danny, "Think of the extra paper work you'll have to do huh?"

They grumbled and walked away.

I blew out my breath and everything sped up. The cops bringing Joseph down then hall, Danny grabbing me and Kara in a hug, holding us close. There was a shouting down the hall and a couple of cops where almost literally dragging James by his signature leather jacket. As they came closer, slow motion hit again. Danny's arms lifter over our heads. I looked at him confused, and He grabbed me by the shoulders, and guided me towards Kara, who grabbed me and pulled me around her out of the way of Danny.

He only got in a couple of steps before Ben and Nicholas grabbed his arms. And then James was upon us.

"Kara," He sneered, "You need to stop this. You know you liked it. You where begging for it, you're a whore."

There are multiple things that a Dad will teach his daughter throughout her life. How to change a tire, and how to realize that she is better than some boy who cheats on her. But the most important thing that he will teach his daughter, and will be the most proud of, is the right hook she will master. Everyone paused, mouths open.

"I'm sorry." I looked at my hand middle knuckle split open a bit, "I don't know what happened. "

"I hear muscle spasms are getting crucial these days." Kara grabbed me by my arms and walked me down the hall away.

I looked over my shoulder so See Danny scooping up our bags. People moved out of our way as we passed.

"They're scared of me?" I questioned.

"Well you did just knock a guy out." Kara was trying to not laugh.

"I did?" I asked, eyes wide, and then she was laughing, "I don't even remember!"