EIGHTEEN

Joseph wanted to hang out over the weekend but luckily I was working. He now new were I lived because he drove by to make sure I wasn't lying to him. But on Sunday evening as Danny and I were locking up, because Kara had morning sickness and had to go home early Joseph was waiting outside,

"Hey. I thought we could go to dinner."

Danny looked him up and down, "Who's this Sophie?"

"Sophie? You didn't tell him we're dating?"

"Dating?" Danny looked at me. "Are you serious?"

"Danny, Just go home. I'll talk to you later."

Joseph held out his hand and I quickly took it.

"Sophie, are you serious?"

"Yeah she's serious Bro."

"Danny-"

"She can talk for herself Bro."

"She's my girlfriend-"

"Danny, just go." I nudged Joseph towards his jeep, "I'm fine."

"Yeah," Joseph said opening my door, "She's fine."

I got into the car and watched Joseph round the front of his jeep and then get into the car. We pulled away and drove down the street. Joseph's knuckles where white on the steering wheel as he drove.

"You know I know where he lives right.

Charm turned on.

I ran a hand through his hair, "Don't worry about him."

"You're my girlfriend and you're always hanging out with this guy."

"Honey," I said slowly, "Danny is gay."

"What?" He glanced at me.

"Why do you think he goes by Danny and not Daniel." I snorted, "In high school."

He loosened the grip on the steering wheel, "He's gay?"

"Yeah but I'm telling you that because I trust you. Don't go around telling people that."

"You trust me?"

"Of course I trust you." Liar, "I told you that, because I don't want anything to come between us."

"Nothing will come between us."

I watched him for a few seconds, "Promise?"

He reached over and kissed my hand, "I promise. Now where do you want to eat."

"You pick."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I don't care."

On the way back to the car from eating, which is not somewhere I'd eat, like ever, we paused by the jeep. I looked at him confused when He didn't open my door.

"Is something wrong?"

"I got you something."

"You did?"

"Yeah, but I don't know how you're going to react."

"Well you should know I love surprises," Lair, "Should I close my eyes?"

"Yes."

I smiled and closed my eyes holding out both hands palms up. Something small dropped in my hands and I opened my eyes. Holy shit. He got me a fraken ring. 

"I'm confused." I tried for a small smile.

"It's a couples ring. It's a symbol of us being together. See?" He picked up the ring which was gold, and showed me his initials, "It has my initials on it."

"Oh."

"Do you like it?"

"That depends."

"On what?"

"Do you have one with my initials?"

He smiled and pulled out a second ring. I stopped him when he went to put it on.

"Let me put it on."

"Okay." He smiled and handed it to me.

I slipped it onto his finger and handed him Mine. He put my ring on and then kissed my hand.

"Have I told you that your Beautiful?"

I smiled and Kissed his cheek, "Can you drive me home? I have a curfew?"

"Ah yes," He opened the door, "The confinements of being a minor."

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"When was your birthday?"

"Four months ago. We can celebrate next year okay?"

"Okay." I climbed into the car.

You dumb ass. You raped a minor.