Have I Ever

Chapter Twenty-Two: Have I Ever

"Never have I ever... kissed anyone in this circle." A small, giggly, blonde girl who was most definitely drunk said on her turn.

Thank goodness I didn't have to drink twice for this one because honestly, I had already had way too many more sips than I would have liked.

"We can change that right now." George said with a smirk and a wink, and I rolled my eyes at his behavior.

"Never have I ever had sex with anyone in this circle." The guy to her right said with a smirk. He had previously drunk on the kissing part, but I guess just to further the trend he decided on that one.

I took a quick sip of my drink, though I noticed Connor took a long swig of his while making eye contact with me.

I'll admit, I was pretty drunk, but I think everyone in the circle was. I don't know why Mitchell and I had played the game as long as we had, probably the clouded judgement of alcohol which would surely be followed by the hangover of regret the next morning.

I was not blind to the slight tensing of Mitchell's body as both Connor and I drank to that question though he knew we had been involved before.

"Never have I ever gotten back with my ex." The next guy said, laughing and fist bumping the dude next to him.

I watched as Connor took a long swim of his drink, though I did not. A reoccurring trend from the night, Connor had had way much more to drink than I, so I couldn't imagine the state of incoherence he was in.

The game continued on past Mitchell and I who both done slightly ridiculous never have I evers to which not many people drank.

And then of course, it got back in the circle to George. He glanced toward me briefly before saying very confidently, "Never have I ever dated someone while still having feelings for an ex."

My hand twitched on my cup as my gaze-and Mitchell's- was drawn to Connor who had dramatically tipped the rest of the contents of his cup back into his mouth while my grip on my red solo cup simply tightened, causing it to crunch slightly.

"You know you're supposed to drink to something you have done, Hallie." George stated, calling me out very publicly in the circle.

"Ah but I haven't dated anyone while having feelings for my ex, George." I replied firmly.

"Oh but I think you have." George replied with a smirk. "In fact, I think that's what you're doing right now." He finished venomously.

"That is not what's happening right now," I replied rather quickly and certainly defensively.

"Oh yeah? Then prove it." George dared with a raised eyebrow and the ultimate checkmate. "Kiss Connor, and tell us you don't feel anything."

"I'm not kissing Connor." I replied, "I'm dating Mitchell." I replied reaching for his hand, but I was met with the ultimate shock when he pulled his hand out of my grip.

"Go ahead and d-do it, Hallie. If you're really over him it shouldn't be a big deal." Mitchell agreed, slightly slurring his words. I knew he was drunk, too drunk to make rational decisions, and maybe too drunk to remember everything that happened tonight.

"No, I'm not kissing Connor, and that's final. That would prove nothing," I replied to Mitchell, though the anger in my voice was directed at George.

"Afraid?" George questioned, smirking again. He knew he was pushing me further and further into a position where I'd have no moves left, and he was certainly dominating the board.