Sequel is Up!!

First things first, I want to thank every single one of you who have read up to this point, you mean the absolute world to me. Writing The Babysitter was always just for fun, I never expected it to blow up as much as it did. Going back and reading it now, I cringe a little bit, but I'll always love it because it's how I got my start and probably the reason most of you are here today.

That being said I know (at least I hope) that there is a big difference between my 13 year old self writing and my 17 year old self writing, and as proud as I am of TB, I am just slightly more proud of Summer Love and how it turned out.

I can honestly without a doubt say that Hallie, Connor, Miles, and even Mitchell are my favorite characters that I have ever written. Now to explain why I ended things the way I did, I'll first let you know the original plot of SL.

It was originally supposed to be an ex-bestfriends to lovers story. There was no planned love triangle, and Hallie was supposed to end up with Mitchell (Mitchell wasn't supposed to be an asshole). In the chapter where Connor is introduced, it was simply just going to be a plot point to make Mitchell jealous, but then I realized how much I liked writing Connor and George's characters and how I wanted to develop them.

That was when my mom suggested a love triangle, and that's when I developed the idea of Hallie ending up with Connor... obviously, this changed again. I had all intentions of putting Hallie with Connor but as I neared the close of the story, something didn't feel right to me.

I didn't want to just end it with Connor and Hallie living happily ever after together as high school sweethearts, because I don't think they're ready to be together yet. But most of all, I feel like Hallie and Connor deserve more, and I'm not quite ready to let them go yet.

If you haven't figured out what that means... I'll put it plainly. I am considering writing a sequel to Summer Love. What would it be called? Who's point of view would it be from (Hallie or Connor)? Would Mitchell make another appearance? Would Connor and Hallie end up together?

I don't know.

If you want a sequel or have any suggestions, leave a vote or a comment. I'm not promising one, but unless y'all yell at me and tell me you're tired of Hallie and Connor... there is a very high possibility that you will be receiving a sequel ;) If somehow I decide I don't think it's something that I can take on, I'll give you an epilogue at the very least, but I would once again like to say how thankful I am for all of you. This may seem like it's silly, but I truly could not have done this without all your support and encouragement. I love you all endlessly.

Much Love,
QueenSchreave23

Just a quick lil update to let you know the sequel is up and it's called written in the stars!!

Hallie and Connor fell in love four years ago. Hallie spent a summer abroad in Italy three years ago. Connor spent a summer in Africa building schools two years ago. Hallie spent a summer as an intern in California, and Connor spent last summer backpacking through Central America with Logan. This year they're both back guarding in Palm Rose Beach which leaves them both wondering if too much has changed. Somewhere through the years they lost touch with the promise of rekindling their spark once again, but is love enough?