I'd Never Left

Chapter Thirty: I'd Never Left

first things first lemme put y'all ON! at the top of this chapter is Anson Seabra, he has been my favorite for the LONGEST time, before his songs got big on tiktok and stuff. his lyrics are extremely relatable, and he has the most perfect calming voice I've ever heard, i love this man. my favorites are somewhere in ann arbor and when it's over, but if you're new to him you should listen to broken or that's us first, okay love y'all enjoyyyyyy <3

A week and a half had passed since the party incident and the Connor incident following the party. Almost a week and a half since Mitchell had found out that I'd gone to see Connor, and since I had found out just why he was so possessive.

We had spent almost all of the time together. I'd spent the hours at work by Mitchell's side on the beach, and though I did miss Miles, I couldn't complain much because I had been able to work a lot on my tan, and I loved Mitchell. We spent the weeknights on the couch in the living room watching movies, blowing off our friends invitations to go out, because Mitchell was still feeling a bit wary about the group, and I respected that.

I was cuddled up to Mitchell's side and he had his arm around me, pulling me in close and lazily stroking my arm with his thumb when I got a text from my group chat, Lani's Whores, with Lani and Miles in it.

'hal, meet us in 20 for smoothies?' The text was from Miles. I assumed based on the syntax of his text that him and Lani were already together. I was slightly jealous of it, but I wanted to keep my boyfriend happy.

I glanced up at Mitchell. His jaw was tight and locked, I could tell he had seen the name of the groupchat, and even though it was simply jokes, he was still insecure about it. He noticed me looking and shrugged at me with a forced smile on his face.

'can't. maybe next time.' I typed back and sent it, closing my phone and tossing it on the ground, reveling in Mitchell's pleased smile.

He kissed my head and turned his attention back to the movie we were watching. It was some odd B-movie RomCom that had been free on Amazon Prime. The movie was, quite honestly, terrible, but I didn't care. I was simply happy to be in Mitchell's arms.

A couple of moments later, we heard my phone vibrating on the floor, and both Mitchell and I sighed. We waited for it to ring out and then resumed in our movie, but it only began ringing again. I leaned over across Mitchell's lap to grab the phone off the floor and check the caller ID. It was Miles calling.

I silenced him, leaving my phone in my lap and reaching up to kiss Mitchell gently. But after just a few seconds, the phone was ringing once again. "Damn it," Mitchell sighed, leaning back. "Go ahead and answer it if he's just gonna keep calling," he huffed grumpily.

I raised the phone to my ear and answered. "Hey."

"Hey, what took so long to pick up?" Miles asked and quickly followed up with, "And where have you been lately?"

"Just busy, hanging out with my boyfriend, you know." I responded happily, answering both questions with one statement.

"What, so you've forgotten all about me? You're bestest friend in the world?" Miles asked with a theatrical sigh, "I'm offended, Hal, really."

"It's not like that, you know it," I replied to him, rolling my eyes and leaning back against Mitchell's chest.

"I've just missed you is all." Miles sighed.

I heard Lani in the background yelling so I could hear her, "So have I, babe!" She joked.

I felt Mitchell's chest and arms tense up beneath me.