Chapter 9

Storm's POV

It's been a few days. I can't stop thinking about what happened. I was about to kiss Josh Christopher. My crush. My future husband. I was soooo close, until Star showed up. I'm kinda glad that she did. What if something would've went wrong if I let him kiss me. He'll regret and be disgusted of me. And I'm not an easy girl, I let my guard down. I was 2 centimetres away from having my first kiss.

As I sat in the kitchen eating a bowl of yogurt I stared at my phone. I was debating or not to dm him. He might answer, or he might not. Who knows. I wanted to talk to him about what happened. Storm you're thinking to much. He probably doesn't care.

Star then walks in the kitchen and grabs a bottle of water from the fridge. When I told her what happened in the car, she felt bad for interrupting. But it's ok, stuff happen for a reason right?

"Don't tell me you're still thinking about what happened Stormy?" She asks and I look up nodding.

"I'm sorry for interrupting" she says and takes a seat beside me.

"Star don't worry it's ok" I say and she sighs.

"Hey. At least I have Jalen a chance. We are hanging out later" She says and I instantly smile.

"When did this happen?" I say.

"Well at the party, he came back and we had conversation. Since then we been texting but you know me. I kept the conversation dry. But he kept trying and trying so I decided to give the kid a chance. We are just hanging though, nothing more" she says and I smirk at her. She rolls her eyes and laughs.

"So girl what are you gonna do?" She says and I shrug.

"To be honest. I just have to let it go. I was wayyyy over my head that night. I don't know where all that boldness came from. It isn't me" I say to her.

"So your gonna let it go?" She asks and I nod.

"Yea I am. Plus I'm pretty sure it was a one time thing. It's never gonna happen again. And he probably doesn't care about it either" I say.

Josh's POV

Me and the guys were at the hotel playing 2k. They did fly out to hang with me and Caleb but Caleb didn't have enough room for them at his house so they had to get a hotel. It's been pretty lit though. I've been sitting quietly on my phone scrolling and liking posts on Instagram. It's been a few days since the Party and I can't stop thinking about Storm.

Do I know why? No. It just bothers me that we almost kissed in the car. Did I wanna kiss her? Maybe. I was just caught up in the moment. I probably made her feel uncomfortable. I came on to strong and made her feel nervous. I've never something like that before either. Almost kiss a girl I don't know? Cmon Josh. I was debating if I should dm her but I don't wanna make a big deal of it. What if she doesn't care? Nvm she's a girl, of course she cares. I should probably ask her for her number next time I see her.

"Josh why are you so quiet? That's not like you" Caleb jokes causing all the guys to laugh. I laugh a bit and shake my head.

"Nah it's nothing. I'm just thinking" I say.

"Hmm thinking about that girl right?" Shareef asks.

"The one from the party?" Shaqir asks and Jalen nods.

"Oh she's cool. She did the bust down with me" he says and we laugh again.

"She kinda bad too. Josh that's all you?" Mikey questions answered they all stare at me.

"I just met her bro. She's a huge fan of mine and has a crush on me" I say.

"She's one of those ones? She seems like one of the chill and calm ones" Sharife says.

"She fainted when she saw him at In and Out Burger" Caleb says and the boys laugh.

"Nah forreal?" They ask and I nod.

"But forreal though, holla at her. She's pretty and has a chill vibe. Why don't you hit her up?" Jalen asks.

"I don't know bro. She seems cool but I gotta get to know her a bit more before I think about all that. And I don't have her number. And who knows when ima see her again" I say and Jalen smiles.

"Well sir, today is your lucky day. I finally got through with Star and I'm chilling at her place soon. I'm pretty sure Storm will be there. So why don't you come?" Jalen says. Hmmm should I? I don't wanna be a bother. And what if she doesn't wanna see me? Well, only one way to find out.

"Aight I'll come" I shrug and the boys start yelling shaking my shoulder.

"Ok Josh we see you. Getting yourself a girl. Little ole baddie" Dior shakes my shoulder and I laugh.

"Let's get ready to leave soon. Get ready" Jalen says and I nod.

I get up and walk into the room I share with him. You must be wondering, Josh why'd you get a hotel room? Well I wanted to be extra and stay with them. I grab a black v-lone shirt and some black joggers. I don't feel like wearing shoes so I'll wear my white crocs. I look in the mirror and fix my hair a bit. I adjust my chain and spray on a little cologne. I also switch my glasses and wear the black ones. Once I'm ready I walk back out.

"Oh he tryna look good yet laid back for his girl. My bad bro" Caleb says and I rub my eyes.

"You know how it is man. Comfortable with a splash of drip" I say and he laughs.

"Let's go man" Jalen says and we say bye to everyone. We head downstairs and take the car we rented out while staying in Arizona. He types in her address in the gps and we soon drive off.

"You nervous bro?" I ask him. He takes a glance at me then looks back at the road.

"Oh I'm shitting bricks right now. I've been trying to get this girl for a while now. And she finally let me in. I don't know how to feel" he says.

"What happened to, I'm not thinking of taking no girl out, she can go make a pizza pocket" I mock him and start dying of laughter. She shakes his head and laughs.

"Man, I'm not. I'm always gonna stick to that. I asked her though if she would rather go out to a restaurant or stay home and watch movies while eating a hot pocket"

"What'd she say?" I ask him.

"Of course she picked staying home and watching movies while eating hot pockets. I wouldn't be driving to her house right now if she picked the first option" He says and I start to laugh again. Man Jalen is something else.

Sooner or later we arrive at their house and I start to get a bit nervous. Josh why are you nervous? Get yourself together.

Jalen parks the car and we get out. We walk towards the door and knock. The door then opens

"Jalen? And Josh?"