Chapter 34

Storm's POV

I grab the car keys and rush into Star's car. I decided to go and talk to Josh. Melo is gonna stay back at the house and try and figure out who got him home and all of this. I already know that Josh brought me home, so I'm guessing he changed me too. I pull out the driveway and drive to Caleb's house. Storm! How could you kiss Melo??? LaMelo Ball??? Yea he's cute and all but that's GROSS! And you got a boyfriend. A cuter one at that. How could you let something like that cross your mind? I wasn't thinking. I wasn't thinking at all. I lost control. Now I gotta deal with the consequences.

I arrive to Caleb's place and park. I grab my phone and keys and get out walking towards the door. I knock on the door and Caleb answers it.

"Hey Caleb" I say to him.

"Hey Storm. What's up?" He asks.

"I'm here to see Josh" I say and he sighs. He must know about what happened last night.

"He's in his room. First door on the left" he says and I thank him. I walk in and take my shoes off before knocking on his door.

"Come in" he says. I open the door and see him playing Fortnite. He takes a glance at me and rolls his eyes and turns his attention back at the game. I know he did not just do that...

"Josh we need to talk" I say to him and he doesn't say anything and just plays the game. I groan and move in front of the tv. He leans to the side to see the screen so I lean as well. He leans to the other side and I follow. He huffs and pushes me out the side.

"Josh!" I yell and he continues to play. You know what! Have it your way. I walk towards the tv and game cord and plug it out. Josh looks at me and huffs.

"What the hell Storm!" He says and throws the controller on the bed. I stand in front of him and fold my arms.

"Now that I finally have your attention, we need to talk" I say and he rolls his eyes and grabs his phone and lays back.

"I don't feel like talking to you right now Storm" he says and goes on his phone.

"Well I'm gonna talk. You just listen" I say and he doesn't say anything.

"I figured out what happened last night and I wanted to say that I'm sorry. It was wrong and it shouldn't have happened" I say and he doesn't say anything. All of his focus is in that damn phone. I lean over and try to grab it but he moves his hand. I fall onto him and knock the phone out of his hand.

"Storm stop!" He says and tries to reach for the phone. He's getting frustrated.

"No. We need to talk" I say and try to grab it as well. He flips us over and we look at each other. I can see in eyes that he's hurt. Very hurt....oh I'm so sorry Josh.

He grabs his phone and climbs off of me. He sits on the edge of his bed and just sits there. I get up and sit beside him but not to close. It's quiet.....just silent.

"Josh" I say and look at him. He looks in my direction but not at me.

"I'm really sorry" I say and he sighs.

"How could you do that"?" He asks and looks at me.

"I don't know. I was drunk" I say and he shakes his head.

"That's not an excuse! Ugh I should've known" he says shaking his head.

"Should've known what?" I ask.

"You and Melo got something going on" I stand up and look at him like he's crazy.

"Are you freaking kidding me right now? Do you really think that?" I ask and he shrugs and brings his attention to his phone. This damn phone.

"That's whats happening no?" He asks and shrugs. I grab the phone out of his hand.

"I'm gonna break this damn phone if you don't look at me while talking" I say and throw it across the room. Now I'm getting frustrated.

"Me and Melo got nothing going on. Why would you think of something so stupid!" I ask.

"Well first of all. The reason why we got to barley see each other is because all you wanted to do was hang out with him. Second, you guys are matching outfits? That was definitely planned. And third, you guys kissed. You're telling me nothing is going on?"he asks and stands in front of me.

"No Joshua. Nothing is going on between me and LaMelo. I would never cheat on you" I can't believe he thought of something like that.

"Alright. Whatever you say" he says and goes to grab his phone. I start to think hard....UNTIL IT CLICKED. I FINALLY REMEMBERED!

"Hold on. Because you aren't the only innocent one here. Why were you talking to Anna?" I ask him.

"That's not important" he says and I fold my arms.

"Woah there buddy. It is important. Why were you talking to her Josh?"

"What'd you kiss Melo Storm?" He fires back.

"No this isn't about me. You're the reason why I got so mad last night and got drunk" I say and he starts to laugh.

"Yea and then you go back and kiss my friend right? And you can't blame me for your actions" he says and shakes his head. I groan and slide my hand down my face. This isn't going anywhere.

"I said already that I was sorry! Mistakes happen!" I yell at him.

"That doesn't change the fact that you kissed him. It obviously crossed your mind the idea of being with him or you liking him. It's alright though. Go be with him!" He yells back and walks past me and out of the room. He did not just say that. I follow him and we walk into the living room.

"That's my cue. Try not to break anything" Caleb says and leaves.

"I don't want him. Nor do I like him" I say and he sarcastically laughs.

"Yea ok. Have you ever thought maybe he liked you?" He asks and I'm silent. Melo definitely doesn't like me....Right?

"Melo doesn't like me. We're just friends. Look Josh,  I'm really sorry ok. But I can't change the past. It already happened, what do you expect me to do" I ask and he sighs and scratched his head.

"Look just leave me alone ok? I don't wanna be bothered" he says and goes on his phone AGAIN.

"Gup" I call out.

"Joshua" I say again. Why is it that he keeps looking at his phone? I'm trying to have a conversation with him. I grab his phone and he jumps up.

"Why are you so focused on this phone huh? Lemme guess are you texting Anna" I say but then look to see her name. I freeze and look at him.

"Josh what is this?" I ask him.

"I told you already it's not important and before you say anything, no I'm not cheating on you. Even though you did already" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Why are you making this so hard for me?" I ask him.

"I'm making this hard? For who? You? You don't think this is hard for me Storm. I watched my girlfriend who I deeply cared about kiss one of my close friends. And I'm making this hard for you" he chuckles.

"I don't know what you want me to do. I said I was sorry" I say now defeated. I can't fight anymore. He walks towards the door and opens it.

"Here's what you can do, leave!" he says and stands there holding the door.

And just like that, I left.