Chapter 39

Storm's POV

"Where are we?" I ask Josh as we walk up a trail. I had no idea where we were and I was a bit nervous. This was the third time I asked him and he hasn't given me an answer. Is he gonna kidnap me?

We walk a little bit more until we stop. He stands there and takes in the view, I look around in amazement. The view was breathtaking.

"I used to come here a lot when I was a kid" he says, finally breaking the silence. At least I know now he isn't kidnapping me.

"When's the last time you've been here?" I ask him as I stand beside him.

"Two days before I made my commit to ASU. It was a hard decision and I didn't wanna make the wrong choice" he says and leaned onto the railing. I nod and look at him.

"When I need to clear my mind, or think, or just get away from the crazy lifestyle, I come here. It's my safe spot, my happy place" I listened to him and smiled a bit. It made me happy that he was so comfortable to share something like this with me.

"Thank you Josh" I say to him and he looks at me.

"For what?"

"For showing me this. I know how it feels to be overwhelmed by everything, and the kind of person you are, I know it can be a lot sometimes" I say to him. I completely understand how he feels.

"It is. People always want me to live up to there expectations. Jaygup this and Jaygup that. When I'm here I'm Joshua Christopher, just a regular LA kid" he says. I stand closer to him and lock our hands together. We stare at the view for awhile until he pulls me in front of him and wraps his arms around my shoulders. I hold his hands and snuggle into him. He's so warm, and smells so good.

"You're my new happy place" he whisperers in my ear. I'm stunned by the sentence that leaves his mouth. Do you know how it feels to hear that from the person that made you happy for a very long time say something like that? Felt pretty good. We see the light in each other and when there's darkness, we grab towards the light.

"You've always been my happy place" I say and close my eyes as I feel tears coming to the brim. Memories of my sad times started to flow back into my brain. I'll never forget the feeling I had being in that hole. I was in it for so long. Thinking about it gives me a bad feeling in my stomach and I felt the tears slowly run down my face. Feeling so lonely for so long and finally having someone, finally having the people I love around all the time, made me so happy.

Josh looked down at me and turned me around. I wrapped my arms around his torso and cried into his chest. His arms wrapped around my head and he held me so tight as if he were to let go I'll slip away. Corny, I know. He gave me a long kiss on the head then whispered sweet things to me. Everyday my feelings got stronger for him. Even though we haven't been together for that long, I felt like I've known him forever. I look at him as he whipped my face with his thumbs.

"Josh..." I say slowly starring at him. He stared back and smiled at me.

"Yea?"

"I-I..."I stuttered out nervously. Come on Storm... you can say it! He looked into my eyes waiting for me to speak.

"I.......I love you Josh" I say to him and instantly bite my lip. He looked at me and started smiling hard.

"YES!!! YES!!!! She said it!!! She really said!" He yelled and jumped around. I watched him and started to laugh. He started to dance and then ran up to me. He picked me up and twirled us in circles. I laughed and shook my head.