General

Alex POV

We stand in Ozpin's office and look out at the display of ships and soldiers coming in from Atlas. Richard whistles, impressed by the sight.

Dick: That's definitely a sight to see.
Alexi: Da. It puts military displays in Moscow to shame.

Next to us, we can here Ozpin and Goodwitch talking. And Goodwitch does not seem too pleased at the display of military power.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly likes to bring his work wherever he travels.
Ozpin: Well, he is a busy man. But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore.

I walk over to Ozpin. He had called me, my team, and team PEAC up here, but didn't really tell us why.

Me: Hey, professor? Why exactly did you call us up here?
Ozpin: There is someone I think you gentlemen should meet.

Suddenly, something on his desk starts to beep. He turns around.

Ozpin: Come in.

The elevator opens, revealing a middle aged man in a white suit. He steps out of the elevator with a smile. The way this man is dressed, and the fact that there's an entire military outside... I can't help but feel like he's important.

???: Ozpin!
Ozpin: Hello, Ironwood.
Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities. It's been too long.

He looks over to Goodwitch.

Ironwood: And Glynda. It has certainly been too long since we last met.
Glynda: Oh, James... I'll be outside.

Ok. These two obviously know this man... it doesn't seem like Goodwitch is the biggest fan.  At least now I have something shorter to call him by.

James: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.
Ozpin: So, what in the world has brought you all the way down here from Atlas? Headmasters typically don't travel with their students to the Vytal festival.

He's a headmaster? I guess that explains why I feel like he's important. Ozpin hands Ironwood a cup of tea.

James: You know how much I love Vale this time of year. And with you hosting, I thought this would be a good time for us to... catch up on some things.

Why did he hesitate?

Ozpin: Well, I certainly do enjoy quality time with friends. However, the small fleet outside my window has me somewhat concerned.
James: Well... concern is what brought me here.
Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has been increasingly difficult.
James: Oz... you and I both know why I brought those men.

Woah, wait a minute... is there something going on that nobody is aware of.

Ozpin: We are at a time of peace. Shows of power like this will give the wrong impression.
James: But if what Qrow said is true-
Ozpin: If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactically. It's the Vytal festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest you don't scare people by sending hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Next to me, I notice John scratching his chin.

John: Qrow... Qrow... where have I heard that name before?
Cohad: I've heard Ruby mention it a few times.
Arthur: Oh yeah. Didn't she say he was her uncle?
Penrich: Jawhol. But vhat does he have to do vith zis?

We turn our attention back to Ozpin and Ironwood, who just finished whatever conversation they were having.

James: On a different subject, I do believe you called me here.
Ozpin: Ah, yes.

Ozpin turns toward us.

Ozpin: Gentlemen, there is someone I would like you to meet.

He turns to Ironwood.

Ozpin: James, this is team WAAR and team PEAC.

Then he turns back to us.

Ozpin: Gentlemen, this is General Ironwood.
Me: It's a pleasure to meet- wait, what is he again?
Ozpin: A General.

Me, my team, and team PEAC immediately salute him. And in response, General Ironwood... laughs? Wait, why is he laughing.

James: There's no need for that, gentlemen. As I recall, I'm a General on Remnant, not Earth.
Cohad: Sorry, sir. Force of habit.

We lower our hands, but stay standing in attention.

Ozpin: General Ironwood here has been informed of your... predicament.
James: Yes. And believe me, the scientists at Atlas are trying to find a way to send you men home as we speak.
Dick: I... thank you, sir.
James: If it's alright with you, I would like to know what army's you come from and your ranks. For curiosity's sake.

All of us? I mean, I guess I would ask the same thing, considering that we're aliens. John starts us off.

John: Private John Winston Fish, British Army.
Me: Corporal Alex Rube, US Army.
Arthur: Sergeant Arthur Morrigan, US Marines.
Dick:  Lieutenant Richard "Dick" Climmons, US Marines.
Penrich: Corporal Penrich Jaeger, Imperial German Army.
Eniko: Private Eniko Shimoya, Imperial Japanese Army.
Alexi: Alexi Petrenko, Soviet Spetsnaz, no rank.
Cohad: Corporal Cohad Al-Jahaïd, Iraqi Coalition.

General Ironwood stared at us curiously.

James: You're all from different kingdoms in your world?
John: Well, where we're from their called countries, but yes... Some of have even fought each other, regrettably.
James: Ah. I'm... sorry to hear that...

... Things suddenly just got very awkward.

Me: On a slightly different subject, we're not only from different countries, but also from different time periods of our world.

And after that... well, let's just say that there was a lot of explaining.