Plans

John POV

I walk down the halls of the dormitory building with Ruby's board game under my arm. I was looking for their dorm to return the game to Ruby. I found their dorm... as well as the rest of my team pressing their ears against the door.

Me: What are you sods doing?
Alex: Shh! Something is going on.

I roll my eyes. I open my mouth to tell them to stop, but I'm interrupted by Blake shouting.

Blake: And we may never be ready! Our enemies aren't just going to sit around and wait for graduation day! They're out there, somewhere, planning their next move, and we don't even know what it is! But it's coming! Whether we're ready or not!

There's a moment of silence. Then there's a creaking sound. Suddenly the door falls to the floor, and my team tumbles to the ground. I stand behind them with my hand in my face.

Weiss: Were you listening to us this whole time?!
Me: They were. I came here so I could return Ruby's game.
Ruby: Oh! Thank you!

I hand her the board game. When she grabs the game, her hand touches mine. For some reason my heart sped up. I don't know why. Probably nothing.

My team gets up off the ground and dusts themselves off.

Dick: Alright, I guess we're gonna raid some bad guy base.
Blake: We're going to raid it. We don't want to get friends involved.
Arthur: Yeah, well, you're not really gonna stop us.

Blake starts to protest again, but Alex stops her.

Alex: Before you even start, Blake, let me just tell you one of the five unspoken rules of the US Armed Forces. Never try to talk a determined Marine out of something.

And with that, we were wrapped up in a assault on the bad bloke base... huh. Try sayin that five times fast.
————————————————————————————

Sorry for the short chapter. This was more or so just a filler chapter. Next one will be longer... hopefully. I can't really promise anything.