Faunus Hole

John POV

I wake up to the sound of footsteps and the pitter-patter of paws. I get up and follow the sound. I follow it to the entrance of the ruined building that we're camping in. When I get to the entrance, I see... Ruby?

Me: Ruby! What the bloody hell are you doing?!
Ruby: Zwei just got up and started sniffing around!

We look over to Zwei and see him peeing on a rock.

Ruby: Ugh. Zwei, this is an abandoned city. You could have done that anywhere!

BARK

???: What was that?!

We both hide behind an old dumpster. Ruby and I peek from around it to see two White Fang soldiers armed with rifles. They turn around and start to walk off. I come out from behind the dumpster and start to silently follow them.

Ruby: John! What are you doing?!
Me: They've gotta go back to their base at some point. Come on!

Ruby and Zwei follow me. We stay as low to the ground as we can. It hurts my knees, but I've been through worse. Not as bad as the bullet that tore through my shoulder during the first battle of Ypres.

The White Fang soldiers go through a door, disappearing from sight.

John: Looks like we found the White Fang hideout. Call the others.
Ruby: Already on it.

She never calls them, however, since the ground beneath us gives out, and we fall into a city built underground.

Timeskip
Arthur POV

I'm suddenly shaken awake by Richard.

Me: What? What is it?
Dick: John is missing, so is Ruby!

I bolt up and look around. Blake, Weiss, and Yang are waking up the three newcomers and Dr. Blew. John and Ruby are nowhere in sight. We all grab our weapons and rush out to find them. Zwei leads us to where they were last. He looks down a giant hole and starts whimpering.

Dan: Woah! That's uh... that's a big hole.
Dick: Not the time.
Dan: Wasn't making a joke, Lieutenant.
Yang: You think she fell?
Oobleck: Fell?

Dr. Blew and Dr. Oobleck look down the hole.

Blew: Great Scott! How could we have been so stupid?!
Ben: Can we just pretend for a second that three of us skipped the first half of this year's history class? What is going on?!
Oobleck: The southeast quadrant is known for massive caverns underground.
Blew: When the surface was overrun with Grimm, the residents burrowed underground, where they created a subway system leading to Vale.
Oobleck: But when they opened another cavern, it was filled with subterranean Grimm.
Alex: You're telling me that we're staring at Remnant's largest tomb?... Damn.

Richard looks at Nicholas.

Dick: You know how to handle a shotgun?
Nick: Pa and I used them to keep the coyotes off the ranch.

Richard hands Nicholas his shotgun. I hand Daniel my M1 Carbine.

Dan: With all due respect, Sergeant, I don't know how to fight on a battlefield.
Alex: Well, then, consider this your initiation.

Doctors Oobleck and Blew take out their weapons. The newcomers are surprised to say the least.

Dan: Holy-!
Ben: Whoah!
Nick: What in Sam Hell?!
Dick: Yeah, you're gonna see a lot of that.