Expidition (Part 2)

John POV

We walk at the bottom of the CCT tower, and Ruby can't help but gush the entire time.

Ruby: Wow! I forget how big the Transmit tower looks up close!
Me: It's no Big Ben, but it's still impressive.
Weiss: Big what?
Me: Big Ben. It's the biggest clock tower in Britain.
Weiss: Oh. And to comment, Ruby, you should see the one in Atlas.
Me: That was the first one, right?
Weiss: Correct. Atlas created the Cross Continental Transmit System to allow the four kingdoms to communicate with each other. It was their gift to the world after the Great War... our Great War. My apologies.
Me: I know which one you meant.
Ruby: Oh, look at me. I'm Weiss. I know facts. I'm rich.

Ruby and I both giggle at her Weiss impression. It was pretty good.

Weiss: Don't be pests. Besides, the only reason we're here is because Ruby likes the tower so much. We could have just as easily made a call from the library.
Ruby: I know, but it's so cool! Oh, I'm gonna take a picture!

She takes out her scroll, then she fumbles with it. She eventually drops it, and it tumbled to the feet of... Penny?

Penny: Excuse me, I believe you dropped this.
Ruby: Penny?
Penny: Uhh...
Ruby: Where have you been?! We haven't seen you since the night at the docks!
Penny: Sorry, I think you're confused.

Confused? Does she not remember what happened? Or is this really someone else? Or, maybe she's hiding something.

Penny: Uh, I've got to go.

She turns around and walks off.

Weiss: What was that about?
Ruby: I don't know. But I'm going to find out. You go make your call. John, stay with her. I'll meet up with you later.

She runs off to find Penny. Weiss and I turn around and enter the tower. Then she turns to me.

Weiss: Wait here, in case Ruby comes back while we're here.

I nod, then she turns and walks into the elevator.

Timeskip

I wake up from my little nap. Just in time, too. I see Weiss exit the elevator and start walking towards the front door. I follow her.

Me: Did you get what you needed?
Weiss: Yes. A full list of Dust robberies and inconsistencies.

I look at her and notice her down expression.

Me: Why the long face?
Weiss: I don't want to talk about it.
Me: You have a rough relationship with your father, don't you?
Weiss: I said I don't want to talk about it.
Me: I understand what you're going through, Weiss.
Weiss: No, you don't!
Me: I do. I do, because that's the same face I had every time I had a conversation with my grandfather.
Weiss: So you have some rough patches with your grandfather. It's still not the same situation.
Me: Actually, it is.
Weiss: What do you mean?
Me: You're family is known in Remnant for selling dust. Mine is known in Britain for our steel company.

As I walk, I notice that Weiss is behind me. Staring at me with a look of surprise.

Me: Are you coming?
Weiss: Uh, yes.

Alex POV

We ride up to Junior's nightclub. I haven't been here since the night I first met Yang. Yang and Neptune walk into the club. Me and Arthur stay outside and keep watch. After a few minutes, Arthur starts a conversation.