Infiltration

(A.N. I DO NOT OWN THIS SONG!!!)
John POV

Ruby and I stand by the food table, talking. Penrich was there too, since his date got sick and had to leave. But the night wasn't a total loss for him. She kissed him about 15 minutes ago. He won't admit to it, but Ruby and I saw it.

Anyways, the three of us are standing by the food table. Ruby asked what earth was like when it wasn't at war with itself. So I was telling her about how me and a Scottish friend of mine stole 3 baskets of apples from an orchard. We laugh through the whole thing.

Me: And then- and then, Campbell climbs up a large rock in the middle of the orchard, rips his shirt open, then yells at the top of his lungs "Long live the Bruce!", then runs off with two of the baskets!

When I finish the story, we all pour ourselves some punch. Then Jaune comes over and stands up next us.

Jaune: I see you're all hiding by the punch bowl too.
Me: Well, you don't really have many options when you can't dance.
Jaune: That's true.

He raises his cup.

Jaune: To the socially awkward.

Me and Penrich raise our cups as well.

Penrich: Zu dun sozial unbeholfenen.
Jaune: Uh, what?
Me: He said "To the socially awkward".
Jaune: Oh.
Ruby: Sorry things didn't work out with Weiss.
Jaune: Eh, it's fine. It's totally cool. I get why she went with him.
Me: Come again?
Jaune: I mean come on. Not many people can pull off blue hair.
Penrich: Jaune, Weiß came to the dance alone.

When Penrich told told him this, Jaune nearly choked on his punch.

Jaune: What?!
Ruby: Yeah, she said she had too much to focus on to worry about boys.

Jaune looks over to Sun, Blake, Neptune, Alex, and Yang, who are all laughing about something.

Jaune: Hold my punch.

Then he walks off.

Timeskip

Yang, Alex, Ruby, Penrich, and I all stand around listening to Ruby and Yang's story. Like my orchard story, we can't help but laugh.

Ruby: Then Uncle Qrow comes out wearing nothing but a speedo and a cape. It distracted the field workers enough that Yang and I got away. What did he say?

Yang then strikes a "manly" pose.

Yang: "Like what you see?".

We all laugh so hard that we clutch our sides. When we stop laughing, we look out towards the dance floor.

Yang: Y'know, I think we really needed this.

Alex looks down at his watch.

Alex: Oh! John, we gotta go!

I look down at my watch and am shocked.

Me: Blimey! Is that the time already?!

I look at Ruby.

Me: Sorry Ruby. We'll be back in a few minutes. Yang, Weiss wanted this to be a surprise, so that's why you didn't know.

Then Alex and I run off.

Ruby POV

We watch Alex and John run off.

Me: What was that about?
Yang: What did he mean by "Weiss wanted this to be a surprise"?
Me: I don't know. Do you know what their talking about Penrich?