Expidition (Part 1)

John POV

We sit in Professor Port's classroom, listening to his 2 hour lecture about how he took down an Alpha Beowulf with nothing but a stick. Even by this world's standards, that's bloody absurd.

Port: And then I-

He's suddenly interrupted by the alarm, signaling the end of class. Thankfully this is the last class of the day, so we can finally head out and find out what The White Fang is doing. I asked Blake if I could invite team PEAC, to which she said yes. Then, when I asked, they said that three teams missing might raise some questions. But, if we give them a call, they said that they'd would give us support from the sidelines.

Timeskip

My team and I finish loading our rifles, Secondaries, and sidearms. Then we head toward team RWBY's dorm.

Me: Did Ruby tell you lads the plan, because I don't know what it is.
Alex: Me and Arthur are going with Yang to meet an old friend who typically knows everything in Vale's criminal underground.
Dick: I'm going with Blake to infiltrate a White Fang meeting spot where they induct new recruits.
Arthur: You're going with Weiss and Ruby to the CCT Tower to check for any other dust robberies or inconsistencies.

Arthur and Alex are with Yang, Richard is with Blake, and I'm with Ruby... why did my heart speed up when I thought about that last one?

I shake the thought when we reach team RWBY's dorm. We open the door to see them standing in a circle discussing the plan. They're wearing different attire then normal. Ruby looks pretty good in hers... why did it just warmer?

Ruby: Hey guys. You ready?
Dick: Wouldn't be here if we weren't.
Blake: Are you guys sure you want to do this?
Alex: We nearly gave our lives fighting for freedom on Earth. We're willing to do so again here. Besides, this a great test run for our semblances.

I couldn't have said it better. The freedom thing, not the thing about semblances.

Ruby: Wait, back up! Did you just say you have semblances?!
Me: They do. I haven't discovered mine yet.
Yang: What are they?!

Arthur raises his hand and wiggles his fingers. Suddenly, the lights begin to flicker.

Arthur: Distortion of electrical fields. Including the ones in your brain.
Ruby: Whoah...
Alex: Hey, Blake. You remember how I was able to beat you in combat class despite the fact you used 10 after-images?
Blake: What, you have some sort of second vision?
Alex: Something like that.
Weiss: What about you, Richard?

Alex, Arthur, and I then begin to giggle uncontrollably. Richard just glares at us.

Weiss: What's so funny?
Dick: I don't want to talk about it.
Me: Let's just say that he'll be good for infiltration and leave it at that.
Ruby: Ok... with that out of the way, let's do this!
???: Yeah!

We look at the source of the voice and see that it belongs to Sun, who's hanging upside down outside the window.

Blake: Sun?!
Yang: How did you get up there?!
Sun: Ah, that's easy. I do it all the time.
Weiss: You do what?!
Sun: I climb trees all the time. So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?
Blake: We are going to investigate the situation... as a team.
Ruby: Sorry, Sun. We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to.
Dick: Uh, you let us tag along.
Sun: Yeah. And besides, you should always get friends involved. That's why I brought Neptune.

We all peer out the window to see Neptune standing there.

Neptune: Sup?
Me: How the bloody hell did you get up here?
Neptune: I have my ways... seriously, though, can I come in? We're, like, really high.

After pulling Neptune into the room, we decide who he and Sun are going with. Neptune is going with Yang, Alex, and Arthur. Sun is going with Richard and Blake. So it's still just Weiss, Ruby, and I... why is it that whenever I think about me and Ruby in the same place, my hand starts to shake?

I shake the thought, then we all head out.