King of the Mountain

Richard POV

We sit in the Huey as the pilot takes us to Mt. Glenn.

John: Not entirely sure Dr. Oobleck covered this place in class. Where are we going, Dr. Blew?
Blew: Mountain Glenn. It was once an extension of Vale, but it was overrun by Grimm.
Alex: Now it stands as a dark reminder... damn.
Me: And a great place for a terrorist hideout. Iraqi Coalition used that tactic a few times.

We look down and suddenly a ruined city below us.

Pilot: We're touching down now!

The chopper touches the ground, and we all hop off. Then John catches our attention.

John: Lads! You may want to see this!

We turn around and see something strange.

A note attached to the chopper.

John pulls it off and reads it.

"We apologize for the sudden communication after months of silence, however we feel that we must inform you that the four of you will be getting three more visitors from earth. These will be the last people that we pull from earth. Please note that they are on your side. That being said, they may fire upon you due to the confusion of being in a new world. But we feel that Mr. Rube will be able to convince them to trust you.

  -Hikari"

Me: Wait, did that note just say that this Hikari is the one who brought us to Remnant?
Arthur: But...why? Why bring us here?
John: I'm wondering the same. I also want to know who these last "visitors" will be. And why would Alex be able to convince them to trust us?
Alex: If I can convince them, then I think I know who one of them is... and I hope I'm right.
Blew: At least we have a clue as to what brought you here. Keep that note so that we can show it to Ozpin when we get back. In the meantime, let's meet up with Team RWBY and Dr. Oobleck.

We walk away from the chopper and start heading east. Once we stop for a break we decide to split up. Arthur and Alex will start the search, while Me, John, and Dr. Blew will stay and wait for team RWBY, as Ruby just messaged me that they're on their way.

(Timeskip with chibi John riding chibi Zwei like a Calvary horse)
Arthur POV

Alex and I walk around the ruined city. Alex commented earlier about how it reminded him of a village in France that he and his platoon held out in.

We take a seat and take check our supplies. We have enough water and rations to last three days.

Me: How's our ammo?
Alex: Enough for our rifles to last the trip. I got three magazines for my sidearm. As for your machine gun... you'll have to talk to Dick.
Me: That'll do for now. Le-

*BANG* *B-R-R-R-ANG* *B-R-ANG*

Bullets embed themselves in the rubble around us.

Me: GET DOWN!!!

We take cover behind a collapsed pillar.

Alex: White Fang?
Me: Or those people the note mentioned! It did say that they might shoot at us!
Alex: Yeah... cover me! I'm moving up to identify!

He starts running down the ruined street. I lay down suppressing fire with my machine gun. I watch as he reaches the building. He's far enough away that I can't hear what he's saying. I watch him point his gun at the door.

Then said door opened revealing a person who was definitely not White Fang.

Then Alex does something unexpected.

He hugs the person.

Timeskip
Third Person

John and Richard were sitting in a ruined building with team RWBY and Doctors Oobleck and Blew. Then Arthur shows.

Ruby: Arthur! You're here!
Weiss: It's about time. What took you so long?
Arthur: That's a question for Alex.

Then, as if on que, Alex showed up with a giant smile.

Alex: Hey guys! There's some people I want you to meet.

He pulls a person into the room.

Alex: This is Daniel, a civilian

Then he pulls out another person.

Alex: This is Nick.
Dick: Sailor... that's new.

Then he pulls out a third person, one who looks a lot like him... and not just because they wear similar uniforms.

 and not just because they wear similar uniforms

Alex: And this little bastard right here is... Y'know what, why don't you introduce yourself?

The third person looks at the crowd in front of him, gives a little smile and an awkward wave.

???: Hello. Private Benjamin Rube.
Yang: Wait a minute... 'Rube'? Are you...
Alex: Yeah... he's my brother.