The Play Pt.2

Me and Katie were climbing into Alexas window when she was supposed to be taking a nap.
"Alexa?" Katie questioned as we climbed in the window.

"Katie, Y/n" Alexa yawned. "How long have you guys been here?" Alexa asked. "OK, so, how did rehearsals go? Tell me everything."

"Oh, OK." Katie started telling Alexa as I flopped down on the foot of the bed. "The craziest thing happened. You know Emma, the girl playing the Nurse?"

"Yeah."

"Well, a bat flew into the auditorium, smacked her right in the back of the head and just knocked her right off the stage. Yeah. She sprained her ankle and had to get a rabies shot."
Alexa started laughing as me and Katie looked at her weird.

"Oh we're not laughing at that?" Alexa asked. Katie shakes her head no. "Oh, that reminds me, the funniest thing happened in six period. OK, so, Jeremy bent over and he fl-" Alexa started to tell the story but Katies phone interrupted her.

"Ooh, it's Kendall." Katie laughs at the text as me and Alexa look confused. "Look at this picture Beth sent."

"Who's Beth?" I asked.

"Is that an armpit?" Alexa asked looking at the picture.

"Oh, that's so Beth. Oh, sorry. So, what were you saying?"

"Oh. So, Jeremy bent over and he--" She was cut off again when there was a knock on Alexas bedroom door and Lucas walked in.

"Hey guys." He greeted. "You're into books right?" He asks me.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Cool. I've got to find a classic and write a report, but the only book in my room is Curious George, which totally holds up, by the way. Any ideas?"

"Pride and Prejudice?" I suggest

"Not prejudiced, can't relate."

I roll my eyes as Alexa makes a suggestion. "The Grapes of Wrath?"
"I do love me some high intensity wrath. And grapes. Thanks, Lex." He said as he left.

"That will be disappointing to him." I say.

    At school we were walking through the hallway where we saw a ton of posters for the play.

"Oh, wow! Look at all these posters!" Katie exclaimed.

"So cool! I'm so excited for you!" Alexa said.

"Yeah, maybe we'll have a full house. Oh, my gosh! A full house! No, I can't handle that." Katie said, starting to freak out.

"Are you kidding me?" Alexa said as Ryan said, "But you're so good."

"Thanks" Katie giggled. Just then a group of people came up and crowded around Katie, pushing Alexa and me out of the way.

"Katie! Wherefore art thou, Katie?" A guy said from down the hall.

"Save it for Verona, Lord Capulet." Katie replied.

"Hey, Alexa." Dylan greeted walking up to us. He greeted me with a quick nod.

"Dylan!" Alexa laughed trying to get Katies attention. "Whats going on?"

At that point I started to walk away.

A day or so later Alexa dragged me with her to watch her audition to get in the play so she can spend more time with Katie.

"And she was weaned-- I never shall forget-- of all the days of the year, upon that day." Alexa said, doing her monologue.

"Captivating!" Ms. Rogers told her.

Just then Katie walked on the stage reading her lines and I jogged up to go stand by Alexa.