Choose Your Own Adventure

(Episode 4.) Choose Your Own Adventure
"Mine is still Art."

"Senior year was flying by

"Senior year was flying by. Katie was killing it as the lead in Taming of the Shrew, and Y/n and I were killing it at being the first ones backstage to congratulate her."

Alexa and I had snuck backstage of the theater to congratulate Katie when she came off stage.

"Hey." Katie said with a big smile when she saw us.

"You were so great." Alexa told her. "And i'm not just saying that the way I would if you'd been average, and I'd still say you were great. You were legit great."

"You really were." I told her giving her a big hug.

"Oh, thank you." Katie said as she pulled away from our hug.

"Hey, Ryan. You were great." Alexa told Ryan, non convincingly.

"I get it. Katie was amazing." Ryan said.

"Katie, you stole the show." Reagan said as her, Hannah, and Gwenny ran backstage. Gwenny wasn't as much of an enemy to me now and was more of an acquaintance but I still had a slight dislike for her.

"Hey, Ryan. You were great." Gwenny told him in the same tone Alexa did.

"I'm gonna find a Shakespearean hat so Incan slip into the cast party." Hannah said before running off.

"You were incredible, honey." Mom said as her and Joe joined us backstage.

"Thanks, Mom."

"Even the teachers who ignore me told me you were great. They said, 'Your daughter was amazing, Cathy.'" Mom said looking down slightly. "We'll go let you have fun with your friends. Don't forget the Mendozas are using our kitchen tomorrow."

"Ah, that's right. Joe's replacing our countertops." Alexa said.

"Yup. Someone gave me a big recommendation." Joe said.

"Someone deserved a big recommendation." Mom told him.

"It's like no one else exists when you two are together." I commented.

"That's not true." Mom said not even looking at us. "Right, Jack? We forgot Jack."

"It's hard to believe that was my last play." Katie said.

"Yeah. This year's going by crazy fast." I said. "And before you know it, we'll be graduating."

"Then the rest of our lives."

"Starting with college." Alexa said.

"Yeah. Sharing a form room, hanging out on the quad —" Katie said. I looked down slightly. I knew those two were gonna try to go to college together. I had already submitted an application for YU and now I had to wait to hear back. I was nervous to hear back but I was also nervous to get in to YU and have to move away from my family, my friends, my boyfriend. It was all scary to me but I kept it inside and the only person who knew about those fears was Lucas.