The Smoke Show

(Episode 6.) The Smoke Show
"This is my dream and I just don't wanna fail."

I had been staring at my computer all day

I had been staring at my computer all day. College acceptance letters were rolling in and I was very impatiently waiting for mine. I was currently in Lucas' room with my computer in my lap as I refreshed my email multiple times.

"How long have you been doing that?" Lucas asked walking back into the room. Lucas had made a run to Wired to get coffee and was just getting back. He handed me my mocha as he took a seat next to me.

"Hm. Well, I woke up at 7am this morning and it's currently 2pm so..." I paused as i counted up the hours. "Seven hours."

"Dude, come on." Lucas pulled the laptop away from me. "You've been doing this since you submitted your application. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, i'm fine. Just stressed." I told him. "I just wanna know if i got in or not. This is my dream and I just don't wanna fail."

"Even if you don't get into the college you want, you can still fulfill your dream." Lucas told me. "I know you have an amazing talent and this isn't the only way to fulfill it. You can do anything."

I smiled at him and leaned in to give him a kiss. I felt his hands on my waist as my hands were resting on his chest. I smiled into the kiss as his hands moved down to my hips. A chime from my laptop broke us apart. I immediately ran to my computer and opened my email. It was from YU.

"Oh, my god. It's from YU." I told Lucas. I felt my heart drop to my stomach as i opened the email. Lucas watched my face as i opened the email.

"What happened? Did you get in?" He asked when he noticed the frown etched into my face.

"I... I don't know how this happened." I said. Lucas frowned at my words.

"Hey, it will be okay —"

"I got in!" I exclaimed jumping up and breaking into a huge smile. "I did it!" Lucas picked me up and spun me around. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. "Oh, where's Lex?"

"Uh... tree with Katie."

I booked it out of his room and down the hall to Alexas room and immediately went out the window.

"I did it! I did it! I shouted as I made my way out the window. Both Alexa and Katie looked up to me in shock. "I got into Yale University!"

"That's amazing, Y/n!" Alexa exclaimed, happy for me. She stood up and gave me a huge hug.

"So, you're gonna study art? Is that really happening?" Katie asked me with a smile. I nodded with a very big smile. She pulled me into a big hug like Alexa had done seconds before and both of them congratulated me. This was one of the happiest moments of my life. I wasn't even thinking about the fact that i'd have to move away from my friends and family. That was something that i just wasn't ready to confront.