Chapter 3: Kitsune King?

3rd person POV

A tall brunette walked the halls of Aoba josai a smile on his face. He arrived at the gym to see his team.

"Kon'nichiwa min'na!" The captain of Seijoh's boys volleyball team Oikawa Tooru greeted happily. The others on the other hand greeted him nonchalantly.

"Hey did you guys hear (Kitsune Ou-sama) the Kitsune King transferred schools?!" Matsukawa exclaimed gaining the attention of his teammates. " Kitsune King?" Kindaichi questioned. Yahaba looked at him in disbelief. "You seriously don't know the Kitsune King? The demonic prodigy?" Yahaba questioned his kōhai as said kōhai's eyes widened." I've heard of the demon prodigy but not the Kitsune King." He said while scratching the back of his neck.

"what's so special about him?" Kunimi asked them. "Is he like Kageyama? I mean he is called the demonic prodigy." Yahaba's jaw dropped at his kōhai's ignorance.
But quickly recovered from the initial shock.

"He's called the demonic prodigy because of his skills. Their nearly inhuman, not because he has a terrible personality. Apparently he can do nearly anything, I heard can master anything that takes a few years in a few weeks. And he got the title of Kitsune King because his tactics in playing is like a kitsunes he tricks the player and is very intelligent. Even if the opposing team knows he does feints but they still fall for them no matter what. Him being the master of trickery he can predict feints. He's had the title of Kitsune King since his second year of middle school." Watari the teams libero exclaimed having stars in his eyes. He sounded like a total fanboy. "Watari senpai your a total fanboy for Kitsune Ōsama" kunimi said in a blunt tone making the libero flush in embarrassment.

"Huh. That's weird. The Kitsune king's title suits his school Inarizaki high. So why would he transfer?" Oikawa held his chin thinking of reasons why would a player like Kitsune transfer from a school named after the fox goddess.

A sudden realization hit Yahaba like lightning. Haruki Yukio never said what school he transferred from. 'no it can't be him...can he?' He glanced at his captain contemplating what to do. "H-hey what's Kitsune King's name?" Yahaba hesitantly asked his senpai. Matsukawa looked at him confused but complied. " It says here his name is 'Haruki Yukio's. Why?" After hearing the name Yahaba stood frozen and stunned. At the sudden stillness the others got worried. "Oi, Yahaba what's the matter?" Iwaizumi said in a worried tone. Yahaba slowly nodded and faced his team. "It's just that... 'haruki Yukio' is the name of the new transfer student in my class...." He said quietly but most of the members heard. Their eyes widened in shock

" THE KITSUNE KING IS IN YOUR CLASS!!" Watari yelled making the others return to reality. "the demon actually transferred here?" Hanamaki murmured in disbelief.

While Watari bombarded poor Yahaba with questions Oikawa contemplated wether to let the guy join or not. Their coach suddenly spoke "I think we should give him a chance. I'm acquainted with Inarizaki's coach and the way he described the boy was that he was not only a excellent player but he also worked with his team well." Some sighed in relief that the said boy they were talking about was a team player.

"Well then Yahaba could you answer some questions about him?" Oikawa asked his fellow setter but to his dismay he shook his head. "I'm not really well acquainted with him since I only had a brief conversation with him this morning. But Furuya-san and him are childhood friends I think." The second year said.

"Furuya-san? One of the girls who aren't Crappykawa's fan girls?" Iwaizumi questioned, him taking a liking to his Kōhai (not in a romantic way, more like as a little sister) "So mean Iwa-chan!!" Oikawa exasperated in mock hurt causing the other to roll his eyes. "Hai. But if I had to describe him well....... He's charmingly aloof?" His face scrunching in frustration. While the others stared at him blankly.

(Like this)

(Like this)

"O-OI! I met the guy today I don't know him to well!!" Yahaba yelled.

"What makes you think that about him?" Oikawa questioned. Yahaba contemplated on the his first encounter with the boy. "Well the way he talks was charming but he gave of a faint aura of being distant. I'm not really sure." The others nod in understanding. "So there's a chance he is actually a distant and reserved person but wears a mask of a charming, happy person..." Oikawa commented. He closed his eyes thinking of what to do.

He snapped his fingers confusing the other. "I got it! Let's go question Suzune-chan then invite him to play a match with us!" Oikawa exclaimed, a proud expression adorning his face.

The next day Yahaba invited Suzune to their teams practice

The next day Yahaba invited Suzune to their teams practice.... To interrogate the poor Fujoshi.

Tuesday

Furuya Suzune's POV

I found it weird that Yahaba suddenly invited me to practice today but after researching about Inarizaki highs Volleyball team, I'm guessing he'll question me about Yukio.

I headed to the gym expecting the questions the will ask me. I knew Yukio too well even if it's been 4 years. With that one conversation I found out what changed in him and honestly he just got more aloof and got better at putting a mask. I arrived at the gym taking a deep breathe, I opened the door.

"Kon'nichiwa...." I greeted them with less enthusiasm then I usually do. "Ah! Suzune-chan!! Nice to see you" Oikawa exclaimed with a cherry smile on his face. "Hey there furuya-chan." Iwaizumi greeted my while I just waved. "Sooo~ we--" I interrupted him. "Please, let's just get this over with. What do you want to know about Yukio? Or should I say Kitsune Ou-sama?" I questioned as his expression morphed into one of surprise.

"So you know about him being Kitsune? Well since you insist we'd like to ask some questions.... " He smirked, that damn smirk that annoyed me so much.

[ Ōsama/Ou-sama/Ōsama - King in Japanese. ]