Chapter 25

Yukio POV

We're practicing once again but this time its been put up with more effort that Kunimi would either willingly come or Kindaichi has to drag him here. Coach and Oikawa have made us work harder as Interhigh spring prefecture representative tournament is only a month away. I've been working on my pinpoint-accuracy since I haven't been using it that much.

Pinpoint-accuracy accuracy is supposed to be used in sets or tosses but being able to use it in spikes is amazing. The aim is improved due to this.

"Shigeru, come practice with me." I requested and the brunette happily accepted.

I threw the ball in the air. Shigeru set the ball and I jumped for it. Spiking it down, it didn't really go to the spot I wanted. I clicked my tongue in frustration and took a deep breathe. ' Remember pinpoint-accuracy needs a lot of concentration, don't get distracted by unimportant things....' I thought to myself then asked Shigeru to give me another set.

The process repeated but this time I was totally focused but also observing my situation. The ball slammed down exactly where I wanted making me smile in content.

"Ne, Yukio... What was the difference between the two spikes? You were annoyed with the first and happy with the second." Shigeru stated with a confused look as he pointed to the ball.

"I used pinpoint-accuracy in-"

"The hell is pinpoint-accuracy?" I heard the feral human who I see as a dog ask me.

"Senpai, Kageyama also had that, I always wondered what it was." Kindaichi said with a curious expression.

I sighed and began to explain the ability. "pinpoint-accuracy, it's the ability to accurately determine a Ball's trajectory and tossing at the exact point. Both me and my. Brother have used it multiple times. Tobio with his quick with Hinata and me with more efficient sets. Though, it can be used in ways other then sets." I explained blankly while picking up a ball then spinning it in my hands.

"Pinpoint can also be used in blocking, receiving, spiking, and serving. In short nearly any position. In blocking pinpoint can be used as read blocking, since it depends on determine where the ball will go. Receiving is similar to blocking, in case a ball curves you can still receive it successfully. Spiking and serving depends on the accurate aim of pinpoint, as I did just now." I explained and threw the ball into the air.

"So that's how you two do near superhuman sets." I heard Oikawa's voice muse. Turning my head I saw him smiling brightly at me but I had the suspicion of a mischivious aura from it.

"Ne, Haru-chan, can't you use that against other teams?" He asked with a curious look. The question made me raise a brow.

"And how would I do that?" I asked flatly and Oikawa smirked Mischievously.

"Well~ An example is finding out where exactly Chibi-chan is going to spike in the oddball quick. Your pinpoint can determine the trajectory of a balls tossing point, so use that ability on other setters, we could easily I know which person is going to spike." Oikawa stated and my eyes widen in amazement.

"I...I never thought of it like that." I murmured causing him to grin. He slung an arm over my shoulders and I blinked myself out of my daze. "Now don't go getting gloomy just cause I thought of it before you~" he said with a triumphant and cocky tone. An irk mark appeared on my head while I gave a strained smile to the setter. "Of course, Kusokawa." I said annoyed and the setter pouted.

"Waaaah! Haru-chan, don't call me that! Iwa-chan is already enough!" He yelled while crying out fake tears.

I rolled my eyes at him then asked Shigeru to continue our practice. Well we were supposed to continue practicing.

"U-Um... Senpai could you teach me how to read block..." Kindaichi asked me as he gripped the hem of my shirt. He had his head down but I could visibly see his face flush in embarrassment. "Alright." I said blankly making it sound as if I were disinterested. But in the inside......

'AAAAHHH!! I get another guy who depends on me! Damnit being called senpai is amazing! Tobio, Akira, Kindaichi, you guys are adorable!'

I sucked in a breathe to contain myself as I resisted the overbearing urge to grin ear to ear. "Kindaichi, ikuzo." I said with a flat tone and gestured the taller but younger boy to follow.

"Sate, Kindaichi-kouhai. When read blocking you basically have to always watch the ball. Usually players watch the setter and spiker when it comes to the blocks but it's the ball you have to focus on. Carefully determine who and where the ball is about to be spiked and you'll be able to block it. Timing also is important in read blocking." I explained whole Kindaichi nodded.

"The fundamentals of read blocking are sorta, um..... Focus, Speed, and timing I guess." I scratched my head and gave kindaichi a little smile.

"Ok, I get it!" He exclaimed as metaphorical sparkles appeared. " Go practice with Kunimi in this, or Iwaizumi-san if not better. I have a feeling that we'll be needing it." I mumbled and he nodded nervously.

"Welp, go on and continue your practice. If you ever need me come ask for mine or any of your senpais help... well except Kyōtani's. Don't ask him for help." I stated bluntly. Kindaichi giggled making me smile softly at him. I gestured him to lean down a bit, to which he comply with a confused expression.

I somehow was able to gently pat his head with his ridiculous hair. "Please get shorter..." I mumbled and he didn't seem to hear. I saw his face tinted with red and I only smiled in confusion. 'why the hell is he blushing?'

"A-Arigato... Senpai..." He stuttered out. "Just call me the same thing Akira does." I said with a blank face and he nodded. "Th-Then call me Yuutarō!" He exclaimed and then blushed in embarrassment. I chuckled at him then left.

"Haruki! We need your help!"

"Why?" I asked the feral human. He was blushing profusely and continued to stutter.

"I-I-I— E-Exam— Help me study you bastard!" He finally yelled and I raised a brow at him. "With that tone? Hell no." I said flatly, angering him.

He took a deep breathe and stared at me intently before his face flushed in embarrassment. "Haruki... please help me study..." He said quietly. The others were staring at him in surprise.

"Now that's what I like." I murmured and smirked at him.

"Hey, how about us 2nd years study together." Watari suggested and Yahaba agreed with Kyōtani begrudgingly allowed them.

" It's settled then, we're having a study group!" Yahaba exclaimed slinging an arm over Watari. I looked back at Kyōtani to see him muttering incoherent words.

"Seems like you'll be having more help then you expected, Kyōtani."