Chapter 6: Practicing with the team

3rd person POV

"Ok listen up! I think we should have a four on four match." Coach Irihata yelled gaining the attention of all the members.

"Oh yeah? Who against who though?" Oikawa asked making the coach smile in delight.

"One team is all the four third years vs. Yahaba, Haruki, Kunimi, and Kindaichi." The coach said, grinning at the said eight.

Yukio blinked a couple of times before his eyes widen in surprise. 'I'm still not used to this team.... why is coach letting me play instead of Watari?'

Yukio gulped, hesitating to call out their coach. Unfortunately he decided to keep silent.

Yahaba sensing a sort of worry from Yukio approached him and placed his hand over his shoulder. The black-haired boy flinched at the contact.

"Haruki-san are you ok?" The setter asked him. Yukio faced his fellow second year, a nervous expression on his face.

"I just don't understand why I'm playing instead Watari... You won't be able to work with me." Yukio mumbled out.

'does he mean he's better than us...wait no he has trouble showing emotions. So there's a chance he's saying Watari should be playing...' Yahaba thought as a thoughtful smile on his face. His thoughts were confirmed at the sight of Yukio's worried and scared expression.

"Don't worry Haruki-san. This practice is giving us the chance to learn to work together!" Yahaba enthusiastically exclaimed.

Yukio nodded, cheering up a bit. "Well let's get going!!" Yahaba dragged the poor boy to the court.

On one side, Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Hanamaki, and Matsukawa, with Yahaba, Haruki, Kindaichi, And Kunimi on the other.

Oikawa was up to serve, making the boys on the opposite side worry. He bounced the ball a few times then spun it in his hands.

Yukio POV

Yukio POV

Oikawa finally served the ball. It was amazing how he served, I had a better view from my first practice with him.

'He's not using full power.... Well this is only practice after all.... unlike my practices with Atsumu. Damn blonde asshole would always go full power.'

I snapped out of it to see the ball headed towards me. I quickly got into a recieving stance . Luckily enough the ball bounced off my arms and it was heading towards Yahaba.

I caught a glimpse of the opposing team and their reactions were priceless. Oikawa was gaping, while the other three looked shocked with there jaws dropped.

I smirked internally. I was on time to see Kindaichi spike the ball but it was blocked by Matsukawa-San. Giving the first point to the third years.

Kunimi was up for serve and though it was a normal one he had aimed it to Iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi-Senpai successfully recieved the ball sending it to Oikawa who sent it to Hanamaki, who ran to the net. He jumped and spiked the ball but luckily I was able to block it. The ball slammed down on the opposite side of the team, gaining us a point.

Hanamaki looked at me with wide eyes making me avert my gaze.

Iwaizumi served the ball, which Kunimi attempted to recieve but failed. It bounced of his arms giving the point to the other four.

Iwaizumi readied himself to serve again but before that I quickly whispered to Kindaichi.
"Hey just ready yourself to spike Yahaba might be the one to recieve. I promise to get the ball to you." He nodded at me looking quite confused but also determined.

Like I predicted Yahaba recieved the ball. It headed towards me and I readied to toss the ball. Thankfully Kindaichi had a decent run up. He already jumped and everything went into slow motion. The ball was centimeters away from my hands. I quickly scanned my options.

'There!'

I tossed the ball right infront of Kindaichi's hand making sure to put enough force that it will stop exactly where I wanted it. Kindaichi spiked it as hard as he could. Thankfully his spike had enough force to break the wall infront of him, Matsukawa-senpai blocking him. The ball landed with a thud in the other side of the court giving us the point.

I sighed in relief. 'It's been a while since I tossed a set...' I thought looking at my hands. A small smile finding itself onto my face.

I raised my head to see Kindaichi with wide eyes, staring at the ball on the ground. I tilted my head in confusion.

"That...that...that my dream toss. It was perfect." I heard him mumble and my eyes widen. Fortunately I was the only one to hear it.

It was finally my turn to serve. On the outside I had a nonchalant face but internally I was grinning.

'A jump serve would be good enough I guess...'

I bounced the ball a few times then spun it. I looked right infront of me to see the others readying themselves.

'Oikawa is in the back....' I threw the ball up into the air and jumped. I hit the ball with enough force making sure it'll land right in the center. In a matter of seconds the ball slammed down the ground.

It was right there, in the center, between all of the third years. It was silent.

3red person POV

It was silent for a minute. Everyone had a look of shock except the one who served the ball.

'Holy Sh!t! That serve was on par with Oikawas!' Iwaizumi thought his eyes wide. The others weren't any different.

Yukio seemed to get uncomfortable with the silence. "Can we continue?" He asked making sure the others heard him.

Everyone seemed to snap out of it and looked at the said boy.

And with that Seijoh's practice ended with the third years winning only with a one point difference.