Chapter 28

Over the span of the day Seijoh had advanced to the Quarter finals, going up against Date tech. Some were very much anxious, remembering the hard to break blocks by the school.

It was the day before the match and the gym was filled with tension and anxiety. But said boy had much more tension boiling up in his body.

Yukio sighed and glanced at his nervous looking teammates. Yuka looked Worriedly at her team, but noticed that Yukio looked the worst. From Ginjima's many, many stories of the Kitsune King, she discovered that he tended to hide his emotions, including fear and anxiety.

Kyōtani was aggressively spiking a ball with his left hand, still not getting the hang of it. Kindaichi was having trouble blocking them, while Kunimi just sat out on practice.

"Akira...." Yukio murmured to his Kōhai, who looked up from staring at the floor. "Come practice with me..." He requested and Kunimi's eyes widen. Usually it was him who asked for practice but this time, it was his admirable senpai who did so.

"I noticed something about you... It's somewhat like a specialty of yours when it comes to plays, it's your balance that seems to stand out the most." He informed the younger boy, as he spinner the ball in his hands.

"I don't understand..."

"You don't put much effort into games." Yukio stated bluntly, causing the kōhai flinch. "But that's useful in some way." Kunimi looked at him confused. What could his laziness be useful for?

"If you were a starter and don't put much effort, you have conserved energy while the others are exhausted. So.. if you were to be put on the game, you can use that conserved energy as much as you want." He explained

"But now I just need to give you a reason to actually put effort into this." Yukio, smirked. Kunimi rubbed the back of his head, as he listened to his senpai explain his abilities.

"And that would be?"

"Having fun and the feeling of victory."

"What?" Kunimi asked him incredulously.

"You see Akira, none us will be here for a long time. So you have to have as much fun as you can but always keep your eyes on the goal, victory. It's understandable that you've felt victory but what I mean is something that you've put effort in that it actually makes you contented of yourself." He gave a soft smile to his Kōhai.

"I-I see.... I have to have fun... But also try to win...." He murmured still a bit confused. He felt a light pat on his head, and looked up to see Yukio smiling at him.

"Just try okay? You might like it..." He murmured, and took back a ball and gestured for them to practice.

Kunimi contemplated on his Senpais words. 'To have fun? While trying to win?! That's... Going to be hard, but... If senpai was able to pull it of then... At least I should try.' he thought his face hearing up a bit.

Kunimi threw the ball high up, for Yukio to set to him. 'Balance...' he thought, and exerted more of his energy then usual. He was faster then usual. And then, he jumped, it was higher then his normal ones. Retracting his hand, he then spiked the ball as hard as he can instead of a half assed spike.

Some sort of adrenaline flowed through his veins, and a small smile graced his lips. He stared at his palm with a smile and looked at Yukio who was chuckling at him.

Oblivious to them, was the others were listening to them. It lifted up their Spirits to hear such words from the useally indifferent Fox of their team. Not to mention that 'Stoic-chan', to Oikawa was actually trying.