Rough Day

It's been a long day.

First, my boss decided to yell at me in front of everyone. Then the one person at work I hate, constantly bugged me. To make matters worse, I got a call from my dad. All he said was how big of a disappointment I was and how much I need to change my life. As the day went on, it seemed to get worse and worse. All I wanted to do was go home, change into my pajamas, and watch a movie but my lovely boss gave me a presentation that had to be done and ready for tomorrow at 8:00 am.

Finally, it was 5:00. Time to go home and do more work. Like always, I was the last one to leave work. On the way out, my bag decided to break and all my work fell to the floor. I was officially on the verge of tears. After fifteen minutes of picking up and reorganizing my papers everything was back in the correct order. Mostly.

With tears threatening to spill over I struggled to push open the door. When I finally got it open something made me stop. I looked up to see Brenton with his guitar leaning on a rented BMW Van.

A smiled made its way to my lips. "I thought we could go on a little road trip,"Brenton said smiling.

I lost my smile. "I have a presentation tomorrow morning that Mr. Johnson gave to me today." The tears finally began to fall.

Brenton rushed up to me and wiped away the tears. "It's okay. Tomorrow is Friday so after your presentation I will come kidnap you and we will go camping. How does that sound?" He shushed me

The smile came back. "That sounds amazing. But I don't think Mr. Johnson will let me take a half day."

"I don't care what he wants. I only care what you want."He said kissing my forehead. He then took my stuff from my hands and led me to the van. He put my work in the back and opened my door for me.

Before he put the car in gear, I leaned over and kissed him. "Thank you." I whispered with our foreheads pressed together.

"Anything for my Princess."