Chapter 27

THEA

I was torn.

All this time I had a twin sister I didn't know about. I couldn't believe my parents had the heart to put their daughter into an orphanage. My twin sister was only a baby, she deserved to feel the love and affection from her parents. She didn't deserve to be given up.

I didn't deserve my life either. It was all because of me that my parents let my sister go. It was because of me that my twin sister had to live a life in an orphanage. I was sick that my parents had to let go of my sister. It was unfair.

"Thea?" a gentle voice shook me back from my thoughts. "Are you okay? You've been so quiet."

Not trusting my voice, I just nodded in response. I didn't even look at him, I didn't feel like it. It was like the news of my twin sister had consumed all my energy.

"Is something bothering you?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Just.. something about work."

I was not ready to tell Arthur about my twin sister, at least not now. Not until I meet my twin sister first, I wanted to see her.

"You'll be okay, Thea," Arthur said as he stopped the car at the lobby. "Whatever happens at work, you will be okay." he added as he saw my confused face.

I let out a sigh, I had been ignoring him since I woke up. He didn't deserve my silent treatment, all he did was to make me feel better.

I turned to him. "I'm sorry for being quiet this morning, something happened and I have to figure this out."

He looked into my eyes and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "It's okay, you can tell me when you are ready. I won't push you."

I nodded. "Thank you. I promise I'll tell you everything once I figure this out."

"It's alright, take your time. I'm not going anywhere." He leaned in and kissed my lips. I melted in his arms. "I'll see you at home."

I smiled at him then got out of the car. He rolled his window down and waved at me. I watched as he drove away.

Looking at the office, I thought about talking to Matthew about this. He was my sister's husband. That meant she lived with him. Maybe I could meet her.

I greeted my friends at our office, dropped my bag to my chair then headed to Matthew's office room. Patricia was on her desk, typing something on her laptop.

"Hey, Pat, is boss in his room?"

She looked up. "Thea, hey. Yes, he just arrived around 15 minutes ago, why? Do you need to see him?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I need to discuss something.. about the project. That if he's not busy."

"He's not. Go ahead. He should be in his room."

"Thanks, Pat."

I walked past her and knocked on Matthew's office room. Opening the door, I saw him sitting on his chair, reading newspaper.

"Hey, boss." I greeted him whilst closing the door behind me.

"Hey, Thea. Come in," he nodded at me, I took a seat on the chair in front of him. "Do you need anything?"

"Yes, erm.. actually, I need to ask you something."

"Okay, I'm listening."

I was fidgeting my fingers, suddenly feeling anxious about it. "I know it sounds weird but, erm.. is Olivia Heidi your wife?"

He looked surprised but confused at the same time. "How do you know her name?"

"So it's true," I said, more to myself. "Can I meet her?"