A Child Changes Everything. [Eviction]

“Fu--!"

"No cursing remember!" Stacey said as she glided past you carrying a tray full of food. You muffled the rest of your sentence (word, actually) as you held your throbbing foot.

"Jay!" you yelled.

"Sup?" Jay said, poking his head out from over the stove.

"I told you to push that chair in!" he looked down at the chair and shrugged. You shot him a death glare before grabbing your tray and walking out of the kitchen, hiding the slight limp somewhat well. You set the food in front of each person with that same fake smile on your face that you've had on all day. After you were thanked you turned to the next table.

"How are you all doing?" you asked in a cheery voice.

"Actually I think we're ready for desert." said a particularly large man after polishing off his 16 oz. steak. You really don't need it buddy. Your smile didn't falter as you thought this, but instead you took out your order pad.

"What'll it be?"

"Hmmm... Well, this chocolate mousse is very tempting. But, now I'm feeling like something brownie like. Or should I get ice cream... It all just looks so darned good!" he said, looking down the desert menu. You laughed with him while tapping your pad in annoyance. "I think I'll have the brownie thing with the ice cream on top." you wrote it down quickly and turned to the much thinner woman sitting next to him.

"And for you?" you asked.

"Oh nothing thank you." she said, pulling her water closer to her. I hope you aren't worrying about your weight for your husband, cuz he sure as hell ain't returning the favor. You gave her a smile and turned back to the kitchen.

"Brownie a la mode Jay." you shouted through the door. You saw his spatula wave through the window and headed to the hostess stand, where Stacey was now standing.

"Where's Tom?" you asked, looking around.

"Off dealing with an unsatisfied customer." Haylie, the hostess, said, looking up from filing her nails.

"I swear he's getting worse." Stacey said, anger evident in her voice. "Ever since he got promoted to manager he's been a huge arse. He thinks he's the effing king of the world now."

"Oh watch your language. 'We here at this fine dining establishment must keep this a family friendly environment at all times.'" you recited, mocking Tom.

"Effing is not a bad word." She said.

"It's implied." Haylie said, going back to her nail filing. You laughed and pulled Stacey back to the kitchen with you. You picked up the brownie a la mode and went back out.

"I got you!" you heard as you pushed your back against the door. You looked up in time to see two kids running straight at you. You tried to step out of the way but began to lose your balance. You grabbed the door for support just as the second kid ran in front of you and knocked your arm that was holding the desert.

"Shit!" you yelled absentmindedly as the desert made contact with your chest.

"Kris!" you winced and turned around to face Tom. "Office." he said. You trudged after him, but stopped when Stacey walked past you.

"Get a brownie a la mode to my table please." she nodded and headed to the kitchen, while you walked into the managers office.

"What was that?" he asked.

"It wasn't my fault. Some kids ran straight into me!" you defended.

"Alright, I will let that desert thing go for now. But you said a profanity right in front of those children."