A Child Changes Everything. [Hold On Tight]

You leaned your head back against the doorframe as you exhaled the smoke out in the hallway. Suddenly you fell to the side as the door opened inward and you dropped your cigarette while trying to balance yourself again.

"Damn I just lit that!" you muttered, stepping on it. You looked up to see Harry was at the door.

"I thought you quit." he said sternly.

"Moment of weakness. Where are you going? It's like 4 in the morning." you said, looking down at

your cell phone.

"I got called to work. Emergency."

"What?!" you said in a panicky voice as he stepped out into the hall. "But I have to go to work in 10 minutes! You said the Ministry gave you the day off and that you would watch Kelly--"

"Chill!" he said, shutting you up instantly. "I've been doing this parenting thing as long as you have remember? I called Hermione. She'll be here any second." You felt yourself relax and Harry gave your hand a squeeze. "Have I ever messed up with Kelly?"

"No." you smiled. Then Harry's face turned serious.

"Give me your cigarettes." you scowled but took out the box you bought the previous day and handed it to him. He stared at you suspiciously. "Other pocket." You rolled your eyes as you took out a second box. He looked you up and down. "Shoe."

"Ahhh! Fine, take it you cigarette nazi!" you yelled frustratedly as you pulled the cigarettes that you hid in your shoe out and slammed it into his hand and went back into the apartment.

"I'm only thinking of you!" he yelled back. You gave him the finger behind you as you shut the door, but you heard him laughing outside. You went to your bedroom door and reached across the top of the frame. Your hands hit a piece of paper and you took it.

FOUND THESE TOO.

You crumpled it up angrily. You picked up your bag just as you heard a knock at the door. You ran over and opened it.

"Hermione thank you so much!" you said, hugging her.

"Sure, sure." she said groggily.

"Look, I have to leave like, now. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine really." she said, waving her hand.

"Okay, well there's coffee over there. Kelly usually wake's up at 6 to watch cartoons and she likes Captain Crunch. Harry always keeps some for her in the top cabinet." you said hurriedly as you walked backwards to the door. Hermione just nodded. "Harry promised to spend the day with her today so she'll be pretty upset when she can't find him."

"Don't worry! Just go to work. We'll be fine."

"Okay, and thank you thank you thank you!" and with that you shut and locked the front door.

*    *    *    *

"Your late again." Stacey called in a sing song voice as you walked in the back entrance.

"By like a second!" you defended.

"By like 10 minutes." you sighed and went to grab your punch card, but it wasn't there. Your eyes traveled to the other column and saw it sitting in the slot, already punched.

"I know! You love me!" she called as she carried a stack of empty trays through the restaurant to the kitchen.

"Thank you!" you called after her. She nodded. You put your bag into your locker and tied your hair up before going into the kitchen. Jay sat on the counter, balancing his spatula vertically on his palm.