A Child Changes Everything. [Hello Mr. Draco]

You walked into Harry's apartment, not at all surprised that he wasn't there. You put Kelly to bed, and thankfully she didn't put up a fight about it. You sat down, head pulsing fit to burst. You felt so horrible it killed you. You decided on going to bed, and went into the bedroom. Your suitcase caught your eye, and you walked over to it. You opened it slowly, then dug down to the bottom. Your hands hit a cold, paper-like surface. You pulled at it and found you holding an old battered copy of Candescence by James Kole. You just stared at it, the cover showing two people in an embrace, about to kiss. It hurt so bad as you thought about Draco. He was so sweet to you, cared so much for you. When Voldemort got in the way, it destroyed him. But what if that sweet caring guy had made it through the war? You were slumped against the wall, your finger tracing over the Dark Mark on your left forearm. You hated it, wished you could just rip your skin off rather than look at it. You felt tears, but heard somebody walk in the apartment and wiped them away. After a few moments Harry walked in quietly, then spotted you sitting on the floor. Your eyes met, and you felt such pain at the look he was giving you. You looked down, back at the book. You heard him move toward you, and he sat next to you. To your surprise he took your left forearm, tracing it with his own finger.

"When you were..." you began quietly, forcing the lump that had formed in your throat back down.

"When you left. That year. I..." but you stopped. He said nothing. "I was terrified."

"I know... you told me." he said quietly.

"No." you shook your head. "I told you I was terrified that you would die. But that was a lie. I was terrified you would live and wouldn't come back, because of what I was..."

"Stop." he said softly. You looked up, eyes filled with tears. "We've been through this. You don't have to--"

"No!" you said, standing. He looked up at you questioningly. "I thought you wouldn't accept me. And I had comfort knowing that... he always would... Because he was like me."

"Kris I would never--"

"I know! Harry, I know that now. It's just, ever since then, when you were fighting, I thought of that... And now I can't get him out of my head. And Kelly..." you said quietly. Harry stood and took you into a hug. "She should know her father, shouldn't she? If I wait, and she asks later... She'll hate me for not telling him." you began to breathe heavily, trying to suppress tears.

"That's up to you... And so are we." he said quietly.

"What??" you asked, looking up.

"You and Draco..." he paused, then continued. "You can't forget him. Especially not with Kelly." he finished, letting go of you.

"What are you saying?" you asked, slightly confused by the turn of the conversation.

"I mean... go to him." he said. You stared at him, but he just studied your face.

"But... B-But Harry."

"You have to." he said, finality in his voice. He turned and laid down on his bed, not speaking another word. You hesitated before laying next to him, facing the opposite way so you wouldn't have to see his outline in the dark.

* * *

You woke to find the apartment empty. Harry left a not saying he would take Kelly to the daycare. You got up weakly, looking at your reflection. It wasn't smiling back at you, and you sighed. You brushed your hair slowly, doing very little for your appearance. You just put on mascara and chapstick, pulling your hair up in a messy bun. You put your work clothes on and walked out of the apartment, saddened by the empty kitchen where Harry usually was cooking in the morning. You drove with the radio off, watching the road intently. As you pulled up to your usual parking, you saw something you didn't expect. Draco standing outside.