A Child Changes Everything. [The Question]

You awoke to Harry moving around in the bedroom close to you. The moment you opened your eyes he was at your side.

"Are you sick? I came home and you were asleep." he said, worry on his face.

"I'm fine really." you said, though you still felt a little light headed. You knew it was from hunger, because you hadn't eaten all day.

"Ron and Hermione are on their way. Do you want me to cancel with them?" he asked.

"No! Please, Harry I'm fine. Really." you said, getting up. He seemed satisfied at last with your answers and left the room, pulling on his shoe as he hopped out the door. You took out a cute black dress and slipped it on. You always liked to look your best, but even more since you were headed out for dinner instead of staying home as usual. You pulled on your heels and went to fix your hair. By the time you had finished there was a ring of the doorbell. You walked out of the bedroom just as Harry did, smoothing out your dress.

"I got it." you said. He nodded and disappeared back into Kelly's room, where you heard her yelling for Harry to buckle her shoe. You opened the door and was greeted by Ron and Hermione's smiling faces. Hermione pulled you into a hug.

"Harry said you were ill..." Ron asked, walking inside.

"No no, he's just worrying." you said. Just then Harry was dragging Kelly out from her room.

"My pink one!"

"No, Kelly." he said, pulling her along.

"Pink what?" you asked.

"I dunno." Harry muttered, greeting Hermione and Ron.

"What pink one?" you asked Kelly, who had began to sniffle.

"The pink one! He put in the blue one!" she wailed, pointing to her hair.

"Men!" you said playfully, and Kelly laughed.

"What did I do?" Harry asked, confused.

"The hair clip." you said smiling. "C'mon Mum will fix it. Don't ask him to do your hair if you want it done right!" you said. Harry faked an offended expression and you walked back into the bedroom to get the pink one. You took out her hair and began to brush it, running over her blonde hair with her fingers. Looking at it made you think of what had happened this morning. You couldn't understand... What are the chances, anyway? It doesn't matter though, because you had a wonderful Draco-free life. Going back to him would be stupid. Absolutely stupid.

"Mum?" Kelly's voice drifted into your thoughts.

"Yes?"

"What are you thinking?" she asked. You raised an eyebrow, wondering why she was so curious.  "You look like your thinking about something really hard. Like when Bobby was writing his name for the first time today at school!"

"It's nothing, sweetie." you said quietly, pulling her hair back and placing the clip in her silky soft hair. It felt just like Draco's.

"Thanks!" she said, getting up and running off to find everyone else. You stayed put, looking at the vanity you were sitting in front of. A picture of you and Kelly lay on the table, and you picked it up. Your eyes softened as they traced over the little things about Kelly that reminded you of Draco. The eyes, just like his. The hair. Almost everything if you looked hard enough.

"Hey? You coming?" your eyes snapped up and you dropped the picture when Harry poked his head in.

"Yes, of course."

You followed him through to the other room. Everyone was ready, standing by the door. Kelly was gesturing wildly at Ron and Hermione, obviously very excited about the topic of the conversation. Hermione and Ron didn't seem nearly as enthusiastic.