6

Natasha~
Today seems to not get any better. The sky is overcast and dreary. Tony asked me to meet him in the lab so here I am dropping off Aydah with Wanda.  I suspect it's to help find Clint but maybe he needs help with Tate. However as the elevator door open I'm greeted by Steve. 
His uniform torn and dirty. He seems tired and cold. His blue eyes turn dark and his expression seems hurt. I look down and walk past him. However I feel his hand catch my arm. "Nat wait." He says quietly. I turn around to face him. His expression seems more cold. I don't want to face him. I know I hurt him and I can't do it. "What" "why didn't you tell me" he says.  "What are you talking about" "you know dang well what I'm talking about" I hope it's not what I'm thinking. "You mean Aydah" He looks at me and sighs. "Is she mine" I freeze. "I-I" I stuttered trying to figure out what to say. "Natasha please tell me" he begs. But nothing manages to come out. I suppress my tears. "Steve I don't know" I look up to him. He doesn't seem angry. More like confused or maybe he's just hiding it. "I'm sorry" I say and begin to walk away but again he stops me. "Is that why you left" he says. "No I saw you kissing Sharon" I say breaking. He looks at me confused. "What I didn't-" "don't lie please" I say yanking my arm from his grasp. "Natasha I didn't kiss Sharon" he shouts after me. Something in me snaps. " yes you did I saw you and even if I didn't she texted me and told me you were cheating on me!" I shout walking closer to him. "Natasha you know dang well I'd rather go to hell than lose you" he says. "How can I trust you" He sighs and walks closer to me. "Nat I love you I always have and she kissed me and I shoved her off" I feel my tears begin to spill. "I-i" I stutter. "Just please tell me is she mine" "I don't know I found out two weeks after I left and I made some mistakes between then" I say ashamed. "Can we do a test" he asks patiently. I look up into his ocean blue eyes and they seem to calm me. How I wish I could just run into his arms. "How could you just forget all this" I say. "Because I would chase you to the ends of time no matter what" he says pushing my hair out of my face. "I'm sorry" I say. He shakes his head. "Nat it's just a misunderstanding" I nod and he lifts up my chin to look at him. "Hey it's okay" he says quietly. "I got to go" I say rushing to the lab.
Natasha~
I rush to the lab and slam open the doors. "Easy red" Tony scoffs. "Sorry what did you need" I ask him wanting so badly to go cry alone. "Well don't get mad but.." Oh no this can't be good. "Spit it out tin man" I say worried. "I did a parental test on Aydah" "Anthony Stark what the heck" I say glaring at him. "Sorry if it helps I didn't look" "why would you in the first place" I say angry. "Well I suspect you didn't know" I grab a syringe and throw it landing right by his left ear in the wall. "Easy Nat I'm sorry" "whatever where's the results." He hands me an envelope. I take a deep breath and walk out into the hall. I sit on the bench by the window. I open the envelope slowly. It states her full name. Aydah Rayne Romanoff. Mother- Natasha Romanoff Father. I squeeze my eyes close and take a deep breath. Father-Steven Grant Rogers. Oh my god. I feel tears flow down my cheek. I have never been so happy. I always dreamed we'd have a family. Now it may be over but maybe not.
Steve~
I walk back to my room tiredly. She doesn't love me anymore. But that's fine I just hope she's happy. It was Sharon's fault. All of it. I sit on my bed and sulk. I still love her. I will never stop loving her. I watch the stars outside the widow. Natasha used to tell me stories of nights where the stars were visible at the red room. She said she used to think they were a gateway to heaven. That they were sparkles from heaven. I'm pulled from my thoughts at a knock on the door. "Come in" I say not moving. "Steve" I hear her whisper. Natasha. My Natasha. "Nat what are you-" "you're her father" she blurts out. Tears roll down her cheek. "What" "you're Aydah's father and I know it's a lot you don't have to be in-" I cut her off when I press my lips against hers. She doesn't respond at first but kisses me back. "Natasha I wanna be with you and Aydah" I say wiping the tears off her face. "But I le-" "I don't care that's the past" I say. She smiles and hugs my tightly. I hug her back. This is all I've ever wanted. Her safe in my arms. "I love you" I hear her mumble. "I love you too" I whisper.