003 - Scarlet Words

Warnings: violence, blood

As Yoongi arrived at Namjoons place, it looked like utter chaos. People were running around like headless chickens, and he noticed that most of them belonged to his group. A turmoil of voices echoed through the narrow hallway, mixed with the creaking of the worn-out wooden floorboards because everyone was in a state of hysteria.

He pushed through and found Namjoon sitting in the big bureau on the desk. His dark brown hair was messily styled, and the pale lighting made the ink on his hands seem like a flowing river. Dust particles were floating around, rendering the rays of the sun visible.

"What happened?" Yoongi barked, and Namjoon flinched. "Yoo- What the fuck are you wearing?" Namjoon greeted him and eyed the blue sweater he was wearing, his nose crinkled as if he had to stop himself from laughing.

"Part of my Highschool disguise." Yoongi just said and pulled the piece of clothing over his head, now only in a black tank top. He looked at the wardrobe and grabbed a black leather jacket, and pulled it over, immediately feeling more comfortable.

Namjoon hopped off the dark oak desk and started pacing around the room. "Code yellow. Remember the dude we had to capture and interrogate today?" Namjoon looked at him, demeanor serious.

"Sure. What's the deal? He couldn't pay us back for the drugs we sold him." The blonde said and pulled a spare pack of cigarettes out of one of the drawers under his desk, fumbling with the lighter in his pocket.

"Yeah, that's what they wanted us to think. Hoseok wasn't careful enough, and as he brought him in, he was being tracked. They alerted their boss, who's most likely on his way here right now." Namjoon said, pacing around the room. Yoongi plopped down on one of the worn-out leather chairs, kicking his feet up to rest them on the table.

He lit his cigarette and blew out the calming smoke, looking at Namjoon. "Which gang?" Yoongi asked. That's the only way he could calculate how much danger they're exactly in.

"EXO," Namjoon responded, and Yoongi had to refrain from coughing. "Holy shit. Did everyone get enough weapons and ammo?" He said, eyebrows furrowed. He was worried about his people; after all, they were all he had left.

"I supplied everyone. If we don't want this to get too bloody, we should try to relocate the fight to the open street. Higher chance of the police intervening, but smaller chance to get cornered." Namjoon said, and Yoongi grinned.

"And that's why you're my best friend and co-leader. You know how to calculate risks. If I were to coordinate, we'd all be dead by now," the blonde said, making the brunette grin.

"Ready?" Yoongi said and stood up, extinguishing his cigarette in the ashtray on the table.

"As ready as I'll ever be, hyung," Namjoon replies, both grinning excitedly.

They walked out of the bureau, each having a gun and enough ammo to last for at least one shoot out. As everyone saw entering Yoongi with Namjoon by his side, they automatically calmed down. Pairs of eyes were watching them closely, most filled with either fear or determination.

Yes, the situation was fatal, but they trusted him and Namjoon with their lives. "We have a plan," Yoongi announced, straightening his back.