SHE WAS SPECIAL

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

ALEXITHYMIA
(n.) the inability to express your feelings

♢ ♢ ♢

His lips briefly touched her neck as she continued to process his title. It all made sense now from his intimidating gaze to his reserved personality. He wasn't fighting the devils inside of him because he was the devil himself.

Ravenna quickly pushed him off of her as he looked at her amused. The tears coming from her ocean eyes started to roll down her cheeks. She rushed towards the exit with her mind running haywire.

Before she could make it out of the office, she was pulled back. His arms wrapped around her waist as she cried out the scenes she had witnessed.

"Ms.Romano, you need to calm down." He ordered as Ravenna gasped for air.

"Why?" Ravenna asked in between her cries with him still holding her back from escaping the office.

"Everything in life isn't lollipops and rainbows. You see you wanted to break down my walls, but little did you know you would be the one who ended up bruised." He whispered into her ear as she stood there with nothing to say. For the first time, she didn't have words to reply back with.

"Now listen to me carefully Ms.Romano. You would not utter a word of what happened in here to anyone. Even if you do, just remember you're my therapist." Ravenna's cries came to an end as the last of her tears finished running down her cheek.

He released her as he went to the corner bar. Pouring himself a scotch, he let the therapist decide when she wanted to leave.

Ravenna wiped her tears with the back of her hand before gathering her belongings where she had dropped them. Doing the quick work of walking out of the office, she headed down the stairs. She quickly rushed down the stairs to leave.

"Ravenna." A familiar voice called out as she was to head out of the mansion.

The therapist turned around to see Dante. He looked at her with a scrunched expression as he saw her eyes pink along with her cheeks. Then he realized what had happened. She had finally found out who he was.

"Ravenna, are you okay?" Dante asked as she was lost in her thoughts. The man's cold body continued to replay in her mind.

"Come, let's get you water." He said before disappearing in the kitchen. He quickly came back with a glass of water, extending it to her.

Ravenna grabbed the glass with a shaking hand. Gulping down the liquid, she handed back the glass to Dante.

"Thank you." She whispered gently as Dante nodded smiling in understanding.