A LITTLE GIRL

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

IRENIC
(adj.) promoting peace

♢ ♢ ♢

"How's Rafael?" The old lady asked Ravenna as she watered the delicate buds of the plants in her heaven like garden.

"He still hasn't came to me nana." Ravenna answered as the smile that played on her lips faded away. He still wasn't ready and Ravenna was scared to think what if he never will be.

"You know I remember when you used to be a little girl. You used to overwater the plants because you didn't know when to stop giving. You haven't changed." The old lady remembered as Ravenna listened to her tenderly.

"Is that a bad thing nana?" The therapist asked as she continued to water the plants generously.

"No Ravenna, it's not a bad thing. But, sometimes we need to be gentle when someone shows their scars because it takes more courage to remove one's armour than to assemble it." The aging women explained as Ravenna realized what she was trying to explain to her.

Rafael didn't need to be watered, he needed just more time than all the other flowers that blossomed before him. He needed someone who would be patient with him because he was unique. He was different than the rest of the garden.

"Well nana, I have to get going. Mrs.Avery told me Mr.Avery refused to cut the cake without me. Plus, I have to bake his favorite peanut butter cupcakes." Ravenna said as she watered the last of the pink roses in the garden.

"Alright rose. Make sure you grab a bunch of flowers  to gift him along those cupcakes of yours." The old lady sweetly added as Ravenna kissed her cheek.

"Love you nana." Ravenna expressed as she pulled away from the old lady's warmth.

"Love you too my rose." The old women added as Ravenna disappeared into the shop in the front.

Ravenna quickly raked her hands over the different textures of the flower as she decided on which one to gift the old man for his 65th birthday. She smiled as she saw the baby pink carnations.

Quickly pulling the wrapped bunch from its water bucket, she slipped the cost into the register before grabbing her coat from the coat hanger. Ravenna quickly walked to her vehicle before heading down the path to her humble apartment.

The old man adored her peanut butter sponges because they reminded him about his mom. Ravenna never hesitated to award him with the cakes whenever he would come for therapy. She even remembered when he had told her that he only loved the therapy because he got to taste her heaven like cupcakes and meet her as she was the daughter he had always wanted. He had always wanted kids of his own, but life seemed to complicate him with his financial struggles.

♢ ♢ ♢

Ravenna pulled up her vehicle in to the empty parking slot before heading up to her apartment. She quickly made her way up to her apartment before opening up it with the designated set of keys to the complex.

She set down the groceries in the brown paper bags that she had picked up on her way home. Hanging her coat up on the empty coat hanger, she placed her car keys in the circular glass bowl at the entrance.

Heading to her bedroom, she ran a quick shower where she put in the effort of shampooing and conditioning her glimmer less strands of mocha. The sweet vanilla steamed onto the shower glass as the access ran down the drain.

Ravenna got out of the shower after closing the faucet. She grabbed her soft white pajamas before tying her hair up in a messy wet bun.

She headed out of her bedroom with the plan of baking the peanut butter cupcakes along with ordering Chinese takeout from the new Chinese restaurant that had opened around the corner.

Ravenna quickly placed her order of fried noodles along with egg roles for dinner later. As soon as she was done with the phone she made her way around to the kitchen where she had gathered up the required utensils and ingredients needed to bake the cakes to perfection.

The recipe her mom used to use was pulled out to recreate the taste of home. As Ravenna cracked the eggs into the glass bowl along with the rest of the wet ingredients, she made a mental note to herself to call her dad. Their relationship just never required communication as he was busy visiting the orphanages and holding charity events to raise money while Ravenna was busy following her schedule of work and home on repeat.

As the aroma of the peanut butter from the mixed batter filled the room, Ravenna quickly grabbed the colorful cupcakes tints to fill the mixture in. The classical music hummed throughout the apartment as she continued to fill the batter into the empty tins. The flour covered her clean apron with the wet strands of her mocha.

She placed the tray of the raw batter into the preheated oven as the she adjusted herself to start the fluffy peanut butter cream to decorate the cakes with. But, before she could continue with her plans the bell to the apartment dinged. As she remembered the Chinese takeout she had ordered, Ravenna dusted her flour covered hands on the hem of her apron.

The bell dinged one more time as the rhythm vibrated off the four walls of the apartment.

"Coming." Ravenna called out gently as she made her way to the wooden door.

As soon as Ravenna opened the door to the guest on the other side of the wall, she halted right at the door step. She had never expected this neither was she ready. There he was. The cyan eyed beauty at her doorstep to her apartment. His eyes raked down her as she remained stiff of any movement.

"May I come in, Ms.Romano?"

♢ ♢ ♢

Well I asked you guys if you wanted a double update so here I am. I tried my best to write this chapter, but since it was more of a filler it was more effort consuming to type up. So, I hope that explains the short length. Lots have you asked for a POV from Rafael, so don't think I forgot about it. Let me know in the comment below if you enjoyed it and leave a heart to let me know if you're loving the story so far. Love you babes!

♢ ♢ ♢

【AUTHOR CONTACT INFORMATION】

➊. Instagram | erotica_iris_grace

➋. Email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com

VOTE & COMMENT

J. Iris Grace