POETRY WRITTEN WITH HIS LIPS

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

SEREIN
(n.) the fine, light rain that falls from a clear sky at sunset or in the early hours of night; evening serenity

♢ ♢ ♢

Ravenna stood there not knowing what to say. She almost laughed at his sudden adorable ness. This was something she hadn't except coming from a mafia mob boss.

"Well?" He asked as Ravenna smiled warmly before nodding.

"Why don't you go back to the living room while I go grab you one." Rafael shrugged his shoulders before making his way back to the living room.

Ravenna quickly grabbed a plate from the cabinet before placing one of the cakes on the surface along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. He wanted to feel special and she knew small gestures like this made him feel something more than a heartless Italian people assumed him to be.

She quickly served herself one as well before grabbing both the plates and headed to the living room. He was sitting in his previous seat next to the balcony glass where the rain was making its own soothing music.

"Mr.Rossi." Ravenna called out to grab his attention off the dripping wet glass. He looked at the plates in her hand and then back into her azure eyes.

Ravenna cleared her throat before walking over to the vacant chair next to him. She forwarded the plate as he looked at her and then the plate. He grabbed the cake and melting ice cream siloed on top. Ravenna took the seat next to him as he spooned the cake and ice cream.

"So, why don't we start by talking about you Mr.Rossi." Ravenna started as he paused his spoon and looked at the rained on glass once again.

"There's nothing to know about me Ms.Romano." He answered coldly as Ravenna sighed knowing he was a tough nut to crack.

"Why don't we start by calling me Ravenna and if you're comfortable with me calling you by your first name." Ravenna continued as he pulled his gaze away from the dessert in front of him to her.

"Ms.Romano are you trying to make me friend material?" He asked in an somewhat amusing tone as Ravenna shook her head 'no' with a gentle smile on her face.

"Too soon I see." She whispered to him as he reverted his gaze back onto the plate in front of him. Ravenna's smile faded as she saw him not even tasting the dessert in front of him.

"Do you not like the cupcake?" Ravenna asked as he looked at him and saw a sadness filled in his eyes. He was trying so hard to keep a straight face with no emotions exposed at all for her to catch, but she knew the hurricane swirling in the depths of those cyan blue eyes.