SHE SMELLED LIKE LOVE

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

KALOPSIA
(n.) the delusion of things being more beautiful than they really are

♢ ♢ ♢

As soon as the alarm rang, Ravenna got ready for the day peaking ahead of her. Everything changed as the man laying in his puddle of blood haunted her dreams. She had tried to have the pleasure of sleeping just a few hours, but with no content.

She quickly ran the shower before soothing her tensed scalp with the vanilla shampoo. After rinsing her hair out of all products, she turned the shower off.

Ravenna quickly grabbed a mint silk skirt to pair with a oversized white sweater. She quickly did her hair into a messy bun along with painting her plump lips in the vanilla balm.

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

Ravenna quickly grabbed the keys to her vehicle along with the pink white peas packed by nana to gift him. Even though he described himself as cold blooded, Ravenna refused to believe he wasn't capable of loving again. She refused to admit that he didn't have the warmth that was capable of giving a special one fireflies.

It's weird how she choose the sweetest words to heal his brittle heart when he choose the most poisonous actions to break it. But, the question was that at the end would he end up breaking his own heart or her's which was full of love, much like a piece of heaven on earth. That's the thing, time is a healer and a killer because only time could tell what role it played in one's life. Maybe she would end up healing him, but would he be able to keep himself from killing her innocence? Would he spare some mercy on her innocent yet addictive heart.

♢ ♢ ♢

"Good morning." The receptionist greeted as Ravenna gently smiled at her nodding.