SWEET WORDS

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

GUMUSSERVI
(n.) moonlight shining on water

♢ ♢ ♢

The one year old continued to reach out to Rafael who still had his eyes on Ravenna. He finally tore his gaze from the frozen therapist to the blonde baby in Ravenna's arms. He smiled gently before outstretching his inked arms towards the baby.

Ava instantly wrapped her tiny hands around his neck as she babbled in his arms. Ravenna didn't know whether to welcome the Italian back in or tell him to come another time which would be more appropriate to her time scale.

"How old is she?" Ravenna instantly looked at Rafael who was now busy stroking the baby's chubby cheeks. Ravenna smiled lovingly at the cute scene unfolded in front of her.

"She's one." Ravenna informed him as he kissed the top of the baby girl's forehead gently before looking at Ravenna.

"May I come in?" He asked as if she had any other choice except for saying yes.

Ravenna nodded as she stepped to the side of the doorway for him to enter. Rafael walked in with the amused baby in his hands. Ravenna quickly closed the now empty apartment door to follow them to the living room.

"So, who's baby is this?" He asked as he sat down on the couch with the blonde little girl now peacefully snuggled into the crook of his neck while he continued stroking her back soothingly.

"It's the receptionist's that works in the office." Ravenna acknowledges as Rafael hummed in response.

"Do you want me to grab you something to drink or eat?" She asked as Rafael continued to look down at the little human laying peacefully on his chest.

"No, I'm good." He answered as Ravenna settled down besides him on the couch where Ava continued to hum.

"She likes you." Ravenna whispered to Rafael as he continued to massage the little baby's back.

"How do you know?" He questioned as Ava lifted her little head up to touch Rafael's cheek with her baby hands.

"You could see it for yourself." She answered back as the baby finally lifted her hand from his cheek to touch his tattooed skin where he hid all his scars. The little girl yawned as her beautiful hazel eyes grew heavy once again.

"She's sleepy." Ravenna told Rafael who nodded in response.

"Here let me put her to sleep before her dad comes." Ravenna stretched out her hands to the little girl who quickly pulled away and snuggled into Rafael as if it was a hide out. In response Rafael laughed which left Ravenna shocked. It was the first time she had heard him laugh. It's as if the sparkle in him had finally risen. It was so beautiful and mesmerizing at the same time to see him happy. His cyan blue eyes glowed in the bliss of happiness like the stars did in the night sky.