Discussions

Tails opened the door to Sonic's prison for (Y/n) in the morning, slinking off as she stepped inside, closing the door behind her. Sonic looked over at her, laying on his cot with his hands folded over his stomach.

"Ah, you again," he said. He sat up, adjusting his chains to give himself some slack. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I have a few questions," the (a/t) said, turning the metal dish over in her hands. It was shiny and reflective and she was hoping that upon using it, she would be able to speak with Tikal.

"Ask away, beautiful," the blue hedgehog said, resting his head on his fist. She rolled her eyes, leaning against the door. "But might I ask the first question?"

"Go ahead," she said.

"Why are you carrying a platter around?"

"For reasons you don't need to know." She paused. "Unless I want to beat you over the head with it. I know you can't feel pain, but at least the sound would satisfy me a little." Sonic's ears twitched, ice crystals flaking off at the action. "Anyway. Am I clear to talk now?"

"Yeah, whatever," he said, flapping a hand at her.

"What does it feel like to have a ghost inhabiting you?" Sonic puffed out a laugh, his breath billowing out in front of him.

"Um, well, I don't know," he said, clasping his hands and tapping them against his muzzle. "Cold. Miserable. I can hear it screaming constantly, but I've just classified it as white noise. It never stops. All my blood is frozen, my heart won't beat, and my bones are broken, held together by the ice. It's a strange feeling. Being able to move while everything about me is...cold." He looked up at her. "Why?"

"Just gathering information," she replied, lifting the dish and looking at it. Come on, Tikal. I need to talk to you.

"It's a nice dish," Sonic said, grinning. Without hesitating, the (a/t) angled the dish and threw it like a frisbee, knocking Sonic on the head. "Okay, yeah, guess I deserved that."

"You said earlier you're only half in control of your body," (Y/n) said, bending down and fetching the dish before stepping back to the door again. "What does that mean?"

"Well, I have to feed off others, and it's not like I want to do that, so the ghost has to take over my body. Really, the ghost doesn't do much other than scream and cry in my head twenty four seven, break my bones and keep me a thousand degrees below zero, but it does kind of take away any good emotion or feeling, or even the opportunity to feel those. It's a bitter life to live, milady." He returned to resting his head on his fist.

"Please, stop giving me pet names," she said. "It's gross and I'm in no way interested." Another rasping laugh from the hedgehog. "Hey, here's another question. Can your limbs come off?"

"I guess," he said. "But I can just put them back on."

"That's disgusting."

"Yeah, yeah, no need to make a big deal out of it. I know what I've become." His eyes took on a more intense look and he pressed his hands to his knees, looking up at her. "I have another question for you. Who, and what, are you? Yesterday, you burned me. I felt it. I haven't felt pain for a long time."

"You said the darker the soul, the better," (Y/n) said. "My soul isn't dark enough to satisfy you. I lived a life full of peace. I hardly knew who you were. Sure, everyone's heard of you, but interacted with you or been around when you dealt with Eggman, no, I'd never. I was chosen for this job of saving the world, and I have a spirit guardian with me that'll protect me when I need it. Clearly, when you tried to feed off me, that was one of those times."