02 || Hello

Olivia's P.O.V

2 Years Ago

"See mom, I told you this job would work out. Pfft Starbucks could never am I right?" My mother opened her mouth to say something but just to close it again. "This job is actually going to work out and I'm so excited for it! I got booked for a house sitting for 1 month and a half while the couple goes away on a vacation. So you may be alone for a few but I did get Aunty to check up on you every other day and I'll make sure to call you everyday." I said to her. "I'm getting paid 7k + interest. It's a big house with a lot of needs." After saying that I headed to my bedroom and started to pack two duffel bags of clothing and things that I needed. I saw my mom in the living room knitting and watching her favorite show on tv. I went over to her, kissed her cheek and told her that I loved her.

I went outside to wait on my taxi. I opened the camera app on my phone. The same old Olivia Barker stared back at it. My brown hair...as curly as it is, was pulled into a high ponytail. My arched eyebrows gave me a serious manner.

The taxi came to a halt in front of me. I got in, told the driver guy the address and started on my journey. As the drive went on it made me think back to my past relationship with Damian.  He never loved me. Did I notice before it was too late? No. Because I was completely stupid and blind sided by love. He cheated on me with multiple women. What Damian did to me still hurts. Even if it was 1 year ago.

After a few hours of driving the taxi came to a slow halt. I looked out the window, this house was surrounded by nothing but trees...basically a forest. But I didn't mean house, I mean't mansion because...No wonder i'm being paid 7k.

I was at this call center and pushed the call button. "Hello." The woman over the phone sang. "Hi, um i'm here for the house sitting...i'm the house sitter...Olivia." I said sheepishly. "Oh, yes. You can come right in." With that she hung up and the big iron gates opened. I walked up all the way to the houses front door. I knocked on the door. The door opened, revealing an elderly looking male in a butler suit. "Good Evening Miss, may I take your bags and show you to your quarters." I kind of chuckled at the way he spoke, as if he was from the the 1800s but I do enjoy the hospitality. I handed the guy my 2 duffle bags. I followed him more inside and 2 guys closed the door behind me. I followed the suited gentleman up a beautiful staircase. Down a hall into a big room with Ivory walls. The bed in there was bigger than mines back home which was a twin bed. No shame there.

The man placed my bags down and closed the door. After he did so, I couldn't help but jump up and down like a small child going inside of a candy store. I sat on the big bed. This is just the greatest. I should probably go meet the owners. That's pretty rude of me to not do so. I got up off of the bed and opened the room door.

After this job, I can put me and my mom in a better apartment than the 1 bedroom we are staying in now. I appreciate my mother for doing the best that she can for providing things with me and my brother growing up. But ever since he was killed in a hit and run 2 years ago. We sort of lost everything. I even lost my happy bubbly mom. She sold our house so that she would be able to afford his funeral bills. Ever since then I've been getting small jobs here and there to provide for me and her. No jobs want to take her anymore because of her anxiety and depression. I accumulated enough to afford a small 1 bedroom apartment for me and her. She doesn't go outside anymore nor speak to people. My brothers death really tore her up inside.

I exited the bedroom to find myself in the hall. I kept walking and went down the staircase, now all I have to do is find the owners of this house, introduce myself, and let them know I'll take very good care of their home. Finally making it down the stairs, I turned to my left and walked through the foyer. I entered the living room...thats what it seemed like to me at least. I looked over to the lounge area to see this male figure sitting down, talking on the phone I would assumed. Seeming that he must have heard me, he turned around and stared at me. In that split second of seeing his face. My heart fell, my knees felt weak. Who is this gorgeous human being. I don't know why but I instantly fell for him.